100 watt Chinese Laser

Maybe we need a forum for those of us that have “turned to the dark side”. I’m still here but feel a little uncomfortable interacting with the group since I’ve given up my position in the queue and that an incredibly large wooden crate arrived on my doorstep today.

3 Likes

Good luck Brian!

I dont…its a great community!! I’ve learned alot and love being with creative people!
Then again, maybe I have no shame…lol :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

There’s always that Facebook group…

1 Like

The Google+ K40 group is better. They don’t spend anytime bashing - more interested in what they can get working and cool stuff they do. Facebook folks seem to have an axe to grind.

Pour yourself a cup of your favorite beverage and sit down for a chat with Russ at SabarMultimedia reviewing his past year of owning a Chinese laser. Very informative. It has helped keep the twitch at bay of ordering one for me.

6 Likes

Should have used the “tongue in cheek” emoji. Good to know about the Google+ group though.

1 Like

I love how he tasted the year old cooling water…

3 Likes

Sharing his journey of discovery and understanding has made a fan of me. I think I have seen most of them.

3 Likes

So you are going to shun me now? :disappointed: Just kidding. I hope we can get together. Life has been insane lately with the kids starting back to school, my studies, etc. I’m sorry we can’t be GF buddies, but maybe we can still be laser buddies.

4 Likes

I went ahead and started a G+ group for larger lasers. I am looking forward to modding mine. I want to change the controller, cooling system, fan, and more. I hope I can get some members so we can share our experiences.

1 Like

I took a look at it, think I’ll pass, they don’t seem to like GFs.

1 Like

That group is full if people not wanting to design their own stuff and always asking for free designs from others… it’s not worth your time

3 Likes

I’d be down for that… though, it looks like it’s a followable page/collection, not a G+ Community (which is what you meant to make, I think).

1 Like

I will look at changing it. I’m not up on all the ins and outs of doing a G+ page. I will try to change it today. Thank you for pointing that out.

I made a community. Here’s the link

6 Likes

Looks like a good start and you have at least one new member as of 30 seconds ago.

1 Like

I know you have had your laser a while now. I too have purchased a 100w Chinese laser running RDworks but a little smaller (500x700mm) you say you got all the bells and whistles have you attempted to use the roller style rotary attachment and if so do you happen to have a good set of directions to set it up? I made my first attempt this weekend on a rolling pin and everything turned out a little squashed.

3 Likes

I’ve no direct experience with what you are trying to do, but there are a lot of folks on the RDWorks Learning Lab forum that might be able to help:

http://rdworkslab.com/

Thank you I’ll take a look