45 days to go

So in theory, in 45 days GF should have shipped ALL of our preorders, right?

Are we still on track? Last update was 27 days ago.

Cheers.

13 Likes

But whos counting right? :wink: (ā€¦I amā€¦)

16 Likes

Iā€™ve long since run out of fingers and toes for that. Fortunately I opted for not holding my breathe as well. :wink:

12 Likes

Really wish I had ordered about 8 hours sooner than I didšŸ˜•

5 Likes

Not all. Only the Oct-2015 pre-orders. Pre-orders from Nov-2015 through today will be shipped sometime between 31-Dec-2016 and 31-Mar-2017.

6 Likes

Iā€™d love a quick ā€œYep, everything is on trackā€ check in!

6 Likes

My guess is if the hardwareā€™s ready, theyā€™ll ship by 31-Dec. Even if that means half-baked software since they can and will keep tweaking that on their side.

I know @dan said heā€™d rather deliver a perfect product that does everything itā€™s supposed to rather than deliver on time, blah blah blah. But I imagine theyā€™re sitting there going ā€œWell, crapā€¦ The software really isnā€™t quite ready. We canā€™t delay again or theyā€™ll lynch us! The media, the customers, everybody will want our heads this time!ā€

So thatā€™s all 100% speculation, of course. To be clear, I havenā€™t installed any surveillance devices at Glowforge HQ.

9 Likes

And I TOTALLYYY havenā€™t been wearing a camo outfit and tiptoeing behind @dan for the past few months to figure out how things are goingā€¦ I would NEVERRRR do thatā€¦ :wink::wink::wink::wink:

12 Likes

Probably wonā€™t see any updates for a couple weeks. History has proven that changes arenā€™t announced until the ship has long sailed. And if they remain on schedule then they wonā€™t announce because ā€œon scheduleā€ doesnā€™t mean an unknown wonā€™t still pop up. Donā€™t mean this to be read negatively. Just is what it is.

15 Likes

Thatā€™s okay. Iā€™ve been known to lie. :smiling_imp:

I neverrrr lie. :wink::wink::wink::wink:

Since the User Manual is like the very last thing you get put together before releasing a product, Iā€™m feeling pretty darn good these days. It means most things are almost done, and there are procedures in place for them, and they just need to get them written down so that us dummies can follow:

:blush:

Barring ā€œforce majeureā€ to quote the great JBā€¦

:squeeee:

14 Likes

Their original 30 day Pre-Orders were roughly 10,000 units (not sure where I read that, but it was somewhere so it must be true). That means that they need to ship roughly 200 per day starting today. It will be interesting to see if they can achieve those numbers. Hereā€™s hoping!

1 Like

ā€¦orrrrā€¦

simply ship the 10,000 on Dec 31st 2016 at 23:59 lol

4 Likes

Yep :slightly_smiling_face:

Or create 10,000 UPS labels and wait for the brown trucks to show up after New Years.

5 Likes

Iā€™d be surprised if any (let alone all) preorders would have shipped just yet. Last Iā€™d seen, the goal was to get crowdfund campaign orders shipped by the end of the year - so they still have weeks to get units out the door. I donā€™t have a link handy, but I recall reading something recently about aiming to ship the first units by the end of Novemberā€¦ weā€™re a couple weeks away from that, and eagerly awaiting an email asking for shipping details.

4 Likes

You can rest assured that the first person to get the e-mail requesting their address will post that event here somewhere. I donā€™d think weā€™ll have to guess when the shipping starts. :wink:

7 Likes

I remember reading that too, but there were 10,000 units sold in the month long pre-order. So to ship them all before Dec. 31st and not starting shipping until end of November that means that they will need to ship roughly 300 per day. Thatā€™s a tall order for a small shop. But hereā€™s still hopingā€¦

1 Like

GF may be a small company, but apparently their manufacturing contractor is not (dan has hinted coyly). So ultimate production and shipping rates could be quite high (although you wouldnā€™t want to run continuously at those rates or youā€™d build up a backlog).

3 Likes

Whoā€™s to say they have not already started manufacturing and has been for weeks? months?

But this is heavily filed in the ā€˜speculationā€™ dept.

At this point all we can do is sit and wait.

4 Likes