A few things I've made

Alt + PrtScrn, But correct, and you can resize the window first… as shown here…

As a female, something like this could be amazing in the world of shoes :smile:

1 Like

Without sounding sexist & with a wife that has a closet full of:
Jimmy Choo
Christian Louboutin
Louis Vuitton
Gucci
Manola Blahnik

I :laughing: :laughing: at this joke.

Making shoes, Marking shoes, or Storing shoes? All would be possible with a Glowforge.
I read @acakes2 ‘s comment as referring to the storage cabinet in the first post, which seems like a design that could be easily modified to hold shoe-boxes.
That got me looking online, and I saw this on Boston Lasers’ FB page:

Wouldn’t work for the tall boots that my girlfriend likes, but pretty cool for running shoes.

And saw this on Behance, by Caludia Bignoli, (inspired by fishbones!):

I think it looks really neat, but I don’t like the idea of crushing the toe-box on my shoes… and especially not on my girlfriend’s shoes. Maybe the gravity-hold design could be modified to hold boxes, or enlarged to allow shoes to sit all the way on the shelves.

3 Likes

My wife has a closet full of worn out Walmart sneakers. And she is fine with buying a Glowforge for the both of us. I win! (edit: I was just chastised by the wife. She owns no shoes from Walmart. Though she doesn’t dispute the relative quality of her foot apparel.)

4 Likes

My first attempt at using a laser cutter. The laser cut created a dark, bark like quality around the edge of the coaster. Getting the vector art of the rings took a bit of work, but the result was just what I was looking for.

Uploading…

12 Likes

Those look great. Put those on my list of things to make the first week or two.

Are those made from solid wood or manufactured wood product? Either way, they look great!

Thanks. They’re actually made out of a very inexpensive birch plywood. I considered using a solid piece of wood, but was concerned that the coaster might crack along the grain since they’re fairly thin.
I’m testing different materials and complexity of pattern right now and plan on making a whole set in the near future.
Cheers!

3 Likes

That is exactly what I wanted to hear.

Thanks for the info. I’ve never done a screen shot before.
I added the circle with holes that the sides snap into. It’s what I’m hoping will hold it all in place.

not quite laser but Silouette see potential in cutting the characters out in something other than paper!

1 Like

I actually want to customize my own wing tip shoes (hey, guys can want nice shoes too :slight_smile: )

1 Like

@marknuss Your coasters are absolutely stunning! The use of the burnt cut edge to represent bark is such a “omg why didn’t I think of that” moment- love it!!!

As for shoes- I have high hopes for a pair of custom heels with a 3D printed base and lasercut leather upper support :wink:

1 Like

Speaking of shoes, once the variable power/greyscale feature is working, how about custom orthotics (for my generation)?

2 Likes

I took that concept pic and cut it out. This is a work in progress

3 Likes

4 Likes

Nice! Love to see sketches come to life.

1 Like

I need to adjust for the Kerf. The pieces do not fit as tight as I was hoping.