Canadian Forgers?

Agreed. I added it to the topic.

Unlike most social media, you don’t use hashtags. When you create a new topic (or edit an older one), there will be a space underneath for you to add your own tags.

Er, yes, what @jrnelson wrote. Sorry, was doing too many things at once.

In the link repository you can add links to suppliers, and just add a comment to say it is for Canadians. As a soon to be Ottawaian(Ottawanite, Ottawaster…?) I could use the suggestions.

Link repository

Suggestion form

lol… first suggestion: you’d be called an “Ottawan” :smiley:
But yes, those are good suggestions.

Meant for suppliers , but I’ll take those too

Looks like I’m the second person on Vancouver Island, I’ll be running a small home-based business called Brilliant Creations - VERY small to start with, as I have a day job AND a writing career both to tend to.

Good to find other Canadian folk here though - I do like the idea of a Canada-based resource repository to share info with others on the best places to source items. As well as Canada-specific topics. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I missed this thread when it first came up. I’m just outside of Ottawa (Carslbad Springs, ON).

3 Likes

I’m about 20 miles north of where polarbrainfreeze is located (Orleans part of Ottawa area).

2 Likes

Don’t you mean about 32.2 kilometers north? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Old habit die hard. :cry:

Interestingly enough, I prefer referencing in celsius for low temperatures and fahrenheit for high temperatures. As in it is currently 82F here at the cottage in the Gatineau. :smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m the same way. I think it’s because my parents winter in Florida.

For cold temperatures, -10C sounds so much colder than 14F. The negative gives it this extra “oomph” of cold. Makes us sound tougher that we brave such temperatures.

I also don’t know my height in cm or my weight in kg. I still work in feet/inches and pounds for those.

1 Like

Aye, this is the problem of growing up around the time of the Imperial/Metric transition. I recall (although, barely) when I was a child and Canada switched.

I just try to remember “2.2lb in a kg” and “3.3ft to a meter”… and try coping with it from there.

1 Like

@jdodds @polarbrainfreeze just moved to Barrhaven. Maybe when the forges are up for delivery we can schedule a cross boarder pick up together. I have a pickup with 6 seats

Hey, no matter which scale you use: -40 is cold!

:smiley:

5 Likes

Unfortunately there’s not going to be any on-site pickups. I’ve asked Dan a few times as things have changed over time, and it’s pretty clear that they won’t allow people to do pickups. :disappointed:

I meant drive to NY state. Such as 1000 islands or whatever the cross over is.

Yeah, I used this site to get a US address. http://myusaddress.ca/

It’s just an hour from Ottawa.

1 Like

I just added my pin to the map - sending greetings from Nelson BC - I am also looking forward to my glowforge arriving - hoping to do some cool stuff with topographic maps and ski resorts

1 Like

Calgarian here – it’s the painful part of looking at the banner, realizing the queue has blown past your day and being so close but still so far away…

1 Like