Dude! You're getting a Glowforge!

I’m guessing I’m not the only one, but I ordered my Glowforge (squeeeeeeeee!) kind of for me, and also kind of for my husband. And… well, I was kind of hoping to put it under the Christmas tree. Now, I know it’s not going to ship early enough for that (sad). But I would still like it to be part of Santa’s delivery! I want to put something in an envelope that says “Dude, You’re getting a Glowforge”!

I can Photoshop something well enough, I suppose, but I thought… you know… in your obviously copious freetime, that you guys might be game to make something for all of us? Something pretty? Something… official?

Um…that’s something like 9,000+ people, most of which already know they are getting a Glowforge. :wink:

Maybe come up with something and look for a local maker space where you can buy some laser time to have it cut/engraved.

We also thought “Boy it’d be cool to laser engrave something for everyone for the holiday! It’d be quick, like a minute to print and a few seconds to stuff the envelope!”

Then we did the math.

Sorry :frowning:

7 Likes

Yep, but I like your attitude. It really says alot that you would even consider it. I think everyone should be happy that you guys are pounding away at getting all the kinks out of the system.

Keep up the good work Glowforge team!

2 Likes

@peanut, you should design something and get it laser cut (by a different company)!!!

Math always seems to get in the way of things. :grin:

2 Likes

Oh! That’s not actually what I meant. I have ideas, now, for sure, but I was just looking for a pretty PDF I could print out. Now I’m making better plans, but that totally wasn’t my original intention. That’s what I get for trying to write something coherent at midnight.

So, yes! PDF! But I will now go spend some quality time with Photoshop since I’m apparently in the minority.

Thanks!!

2 Likes

I had read the original request to mean a PDF. So don’t feel bad there @peanut.

If the GF team did have time, putting together a single sheet PDF we could print out and either present as a gift stand-in, or for those buying for themselves, just place where the Forge will live some day would be awesome.

I would picture something which says pretty simply “Future Owner of a GlowForge” with a URL to the forums. And the remainder of the paper could maybe be an outline for eventually placing on top of some material and cutting. A simple GlowForge logo would be sufficient.

Here, I tossed this together real quick and terribly. I have it as a PDF and AI file, but can only upload as image.

4 Likes

Lol…choked on my beer there.

2 Likes

Here you go @peanut

My quick design as a jpeg, meant to be printed double-sided on 8.5x11 letter-size cardstock. feel free to use it if you can’t or don’t feel like making your own:

@jacobturner beat me to it, but he forgot the “Dude” part.
For my part, I forgot to add the community.glowforge link.
I may post it to my site for download as a vector in ai/eps/pdf if there is any interest, or I’m happy to email it out, just PM an email address.

5 Likes

This was greatly enjoyed by the team here.

Hey Dan,

If you could send me mine after Thanksgiving, I could do half of them to help you guys out.

:grinning: :christmas_tree:

2 Likes

Lol that’s a great way of trying to get it early. Now if they send me a GF by then I’ll do the eastern half of the world 4,500+ prints :stuck_out_tongue: then we have both halts covered, now we just need 2 international postmen that want a GF early

2 Likes