Fusion 360 for Beginners webinar

Definitely was not criticizing. It really was a learning experience for me. Your examples were great and helped me literally change perspective.

I use to work mostly in Ortho (non perspective) when I did all my work in Inventor although in Fusion we added an option (Perspective with Ortho Faces) that allows me to view Perspective when rotating the model around but as soon as I create a sketch or look at the Front, Right, Backā€¦ of the model, it quickly turns into an Ortho view. As soon as you orbit or get out of a sketch you are back in Perspective, I love this option!!

2 Likes

I finished my phone holderā€¦

4 Likes

Wolverine phone claw.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t kept up with this thread, but it looks like a recent HackaDay article should have a bit to contribute.

3 Likes

Great to see a model here that you have already cutā€¦canā€™t wait for my machine!!

I also wanted to check to see how folks are doing with Fusion 360. Happy to do another session over the next few weeks if there are any topics.

1 Like

There was another thread where i was having problems with getting a good dxf file out of inkscape. I ultimately went to fusion 360 to make the same thing, and the dxf outputted much cleaner.

However, the curve on the fusion 360 was less a curve and more of a ā€œpoly linesā€ effect. How is it possible to get a more curved dxf out of fusion? Mayhaps Iā€™ll have a screen share with you sometime?

Let me look into it, I havenā€™t cut anything from DXF yet since I donā€™t have a laser cutter yet. Let me take a look at the DXF in Autocad and see if itā€™s a spline, arc/circle or line segments.

I did a little testing the other day and modeled something out of splines, arcs, circles and lines and exported a DXF from it. From there I opened it into AutoCAD and all the segments came over as splines, arcs, circles and lines just like the model. Not sure if this is a model specific thing or possibly inkscape. If you want to send me a link to the model I am happy to try it on my end and see if I can reproduce.