Latest: Price has increased, Shipping, Maker Faire recap

On the filter being on a different schedule, for those of use who ordered it, is the plan to ship the Glowforge in December regardless if the air filter is ready?

Thanks

1 Like

correct. Some people may be receiving their Glowforge and will still have to wait for the Filter. If you have the option to vent out a window until the Filter arrives, do so. Otherwise, you can request to delay your Glowforge delivery and try and sync it up with the Filter delivery. OR still get the Glowforge before the filter and have one of the most tempting desk toys ever that you can look at but not use :wink:

5 Likes

Great, don’t have a window in the room where my Glowforge will live hence the need for the filter. Might knock a hole in the wall and get a refund. The consumables seem expensive anyway.

1 Like

Do you have a second temporary location that you could use for the two or three weeks until the Filter is delivered? You’ve waited this long, what is a little bit longer?

3 Likes

I think the phrase is based on the somewhat obsolete “abated breath” meaning held breath, which used to be shortened to 'bated then at some point the apostrophe was lost.

8 Likes

Ah! A fellow dyslexic. If you follow me at all you know that despite all the modern spell-checking I do this all the time as well as general misspelling. How I caught this is a mystery.

2 Likes

@julybighouse has it exactly right.

2 Likes

Unless you’ve seen idiocracy, then it takes on a whole different meaning =P

6 Likes

That’s great news, @dan thanks for the update. Are the Pro models on the same ship schedule? I haven’t seen much info about either the filter or the pass-through, but hope those are still on track.

3 Likes

In the interest of full disclosure: I am still completely ok with receiving my Glowforge in the full production cycle, however I did just fill out a BETA application. What can I say, I’m excited and patience isn’t one of my virtues… :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I am excellent at spelling and have a pretty good vocabulary, but I did not know about the word ‘bated’. I’ve used it in speech, but don’t think I’ve ever had occasion to spell it as a word. Thanks for the clarification. I love stuff like this and feel good having learned at least one new thing today! :relaxed:

4 Likes

I wouldn’t sweat it. The number of spelling errors, grammar faux pas and malapropisms on here is fairly consistent with that demonstrated by the public at large. I just pretend they’re the start of another punny thread hijack.

7 Likes

I actually have created a collection of malapropisms from time spent on the internet. Pretty amusing and very revealing.

7 Likes

I have still managed to get my point across in spite of self-assembled definitions and spellings.
What gets me is often I will look up a word I have a good understanding of and have used for ages, only to discover it is not the first definition… :blush:

4 Likes

Okay, let’s see it! (Might want to start a new thread for it.)

2 Likes

I feel the same way, if I have waited this long I can wait a little longer, patience is one of my virtues. But I do not lose anything by applying :wink:. And if there is a confidentiality agreement maybe just make my family happy because I won´t be allowed to talk about the glowforge so they will rest for a while after all year hearing me talking only about it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Give up? NOW?! NO WAY! You keep up the good work! Can’t wait for this incredible thing to arrive. It feels so close I can taste it—and it tastes like AWESOME!!

7 Likes

That movie was awful! But a funny commentary on the state of the world and a potential future.

1 Like

What do you meanpotential?

4 Likes

I don’t think we’re quite at the “water the crops with Gatorade” stage just yet… but if society continues to dumb itself down, we could get there. :wink:

That’s why this whole maker movement is so amazing. It’s getting kids excited to learn and shaping their desires such that they want to always be improving and learning.

10 Likes