My First Project

This is some info on my first ever project please let me know what you think.

4 Likes

This is designed to be a jewelry box that requires no glue.

here it is in the real world My 2015 design finally came to life

8 Likes

Thanks to Ben Gatien and his youtube channel helped alot with understanding the process and tools to do the job.

Check out his videos on how to build a box from concept to reality.

2 Likes

That’s awesome! Pinned hinges are totally underrated. You can get a great friction fit (like we did with the votive candleholders we made for a bunch of reporters) so you don’t need glue at all.

2 Likes

I really like the look of it. It looks very elaborate. I can’t wait to see what it looks like once it’s cut.

I’m also glad you liked my videos, and that they were helpful to you.

3 Likes

I’m completely impressed by what you did by watching Ben’s Sketchup videos. I watched them and they helped a ton, but I couldn’t produce something that elaborate with a couple of days work. I’m keep running into issues with pivots and other things, but hey I’m getting better. I now know what can be done by a novice.

2 Likes

Thanks a bunch means alot been looking through all your peojects very cool.

And thx for the videos very helpful looking forward to seeing more if you make some:)

1 Like

dang. @primal_healer good job, way to step it up!

I watched Ben @polarbrainfreeze 's video, and then I made a blank cube in sketchup… :laughing:

2 Likes

While many (myself included) seem to have been trashing SketchUp in the thread about opensource/free CAD tools, this is inspiring and gives me hope for SketchUp. Perhaps I’ve “misunderestimated” its utility. I’ll have to checkout his youtube channel.

2 Likes

Hehe thx took me a few hours and a steep learning curve.

1 Like