New York Maker Faire 2016 Attendance

I decided to make this wiki so people can put what days they are going to New York Maker Faire. Figured it was easier to consolidate this in one place.

Friday
dan

Saturday
dan
ccox1
ccox2
@jamesdhatch
@henryhbk
@markwarfel
@jacobturner
@polarbrainfreeze
@joe
cbarker
@takitus + 2
@henryhbk

Sunday
(no dan)
@joe
@henryhbk
@jacobturner
@FeliaJ
@nunzioc
@fredmerg
@henryhbk

Unable to attend
dhanvinddvs :cry:
marmak3261 :smiling_imp:
cmreeder :money_with_wings:
elsman18 :hatching_chick::airplane:ļø
smcgathyfay :sleepy::sob::poop:
tbelhumer (I sprinkler cars)
fan-of-glowforge :wine_glass: <ā€“cool-aid
julybighouse
soldiercoleman :nerd:
jules

11 Likes

Saturday and Sunday for me

4 Likes

The main post is a wiki, so you can click the pencil at the bottom of it and add your name in.

1 Like

I edited the post to add you. The original post was created as a wiki so Iā€™m presuming we shoukd all edit that one and that puts us all in one post vs spread over a whole thread.

4 Likes

I didnā€™t even realize that was a thing in this forum. Thanks.

4 Likes

This whole discourse thing is a nifty bowl of oats

9 Likes

Iā€™ll probably be there Saturday. Its my first Maker Faire!! I hope to meet some of you

ā€” oooo i just figured out the wiki!

5 Likes

I thought there was a 10 person limit for @ references. We will find out if that applies to wiki as well shortly.

Alsoā€¦ doing both days. Fly in way late Friday, leave pretty early Monday. Absolutely interested in a meet-up. Probably after the Faire closes for either (both?) day.

4 Likes

Right now I so wish I was not stuck in the deep south where none of the good stuff ever happens

2 Likes

Wilson, AR is hoping to make themselves the ā€œSilicon Valley of the Maker Movementā€

So, if they somehow meet that lofty ambition (they damn well better, after turning me down when I offered to help), the south will get their day.

2 Likes

Nowhere Arkansas? Seriously?
Silicon Valley is still the Silicon Valley of the maker movement (and breeding a lot of companies from it).

2 Likes

I know. I try not to say anything bad about their chances (since after being rejected anything I say about them is just sour grapes). I donā€™t think they have the right people to accomplish their lofty ambition, unless the ones hired in where I applied are seriously amazing.

Hey, if they pull it off, awesomesauce. If they donā€™tā€¦ well, glad we didnā€™t join a sinking ship.

1 Like

I figure thereā€™s lot more maker work going on in Bentonville/Rogersā€¦ (lots of tech imports, lots of old school expertise, and a whole lot more spare cash)

Even Eureka Springs has more going on - though it is focused more on art.

3 Likes

yep, no more can be added

1 Like

There are 12 listed now. But it appears the 10 limit is ā€œuniqueā€ references as there are 2 dups and if I try to add another I get the limit message.

I changed the ā€œnot comingā€ folks to non-referenced names so the next 5 who are coming can add themselves.

All new additions after those will have to be low-tech spelling out their name manually :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I wonā€™t be goin(if anybody cares) (and for comic relief the first time I typed that it was corrected to (I sprinkler cars) ) but didnā€™t add my name making it hard for someone who is going to add theirsā€¦

2 Likes

Sunday for me

1 Like

This made me laugh really hard. Is that a common phrase? I might have to appropriate itā€¦ :joy:

3 Likes

Iā€™m exhibiting on Saturday and Sunday and will be there mid Friday

3 Likes

Either you have not yet been told what booth you are assignedā€¦ or you are a cruel man.

1 Like