Picking the right Laser for the User

Cool looking machine!
Correct me if I am wrong, but I don’t think that is a CO2 laser though.

2 Likes

Its not, I believe its a Fiber laser. Need the smaller wavelength. I’m not sure if this is the machine we have at work. :confused:
They won’t let me play with them. :cry:

I have used our LPKF laser for some stuff though. :wink:

6 Likes

Is this an example of 3d engraving of silicone?

Not really 3d…just etching off the material…it was only done with 1 power setting. 3D would have made it different depths using different greyscale values for power settings

5 Likes

There she is…

6 Likes

Yes, isn’t it funny how you know when folks haven’t been posting lately! Not putting any pressure on, but @smcgathyfay sure keeps my interest up.

4 Likes

As soon as it occurred to me, I had to PM her to reassure myself.
She has been busy with Halloween orders, and not surprisingly already working on Christmas…

5 Likes

Ah…thanks for thinking about me…lol. Yeah been crazy busy with my haunted house clients getting ready for their busy season. Haven’t had much time to play😏.

10 Likes

Thank you. It is silicone though? I want to cast soap over impression like a stamp. Don’t need true 3d so this may be a use for my forthcoming gf.

Yes it’s silicone.

2 Likes

Ms Laser Pro-o-o-o-o

3 Likes

Yes, we are fortunate to have her participation!

7 Likes

Spent hours :grin:

8 Likes

I didn’t play that one, but there was a tanks game that was made on similar principle. I miss playing it.

4 Likes

I played that… they threw bananas! Then I graduated to Worms! Where each player had several worms and you had all kinds of different weapons. It was amazing.

4 Likes

Worms is the best :slight_smile: I had run across an iOS game a few years back with the same principle, but a wide variety of weapon types. Sadly it was multiplayer only, so I lost interest (every game was a total stomp from one side or the other, neither option enjoyable)

3 Likes

Worms has an iOs app, but I’ve never tried it.

You kids and your fancy video games…

I used to play War (aka Artillery) via teletype on an IBM 360/370 in the mid 70’s.

http://www.atariarchives.org/morebasicgames/showpage.php?page=2

14 Likes

Truly LOL! - Rich

1 Like

Remember Star Trek on teletypes? Wow. Haven’t thought about those games in decades :slight_smile:

4 Likes