Pre-Release Glowforge: delivery, unboxing, setup, first prints! :glowforge:

So glad you got an early one…and so quickly! Thanks for sharing the process with the rest of us. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

:+1: out of likes and good luck

6 Likes

Good luck. Hopefully the packing is exceptional and there are no issues. Besides the disappointment of being so close to being a Laser Jedi and having it snatched away, the re-packing and inspection will be a pain.

5 Likes

Absolute chaos this evening. Tries to set up streaming. No go. First unboxing was time lapse accidentally. Crud. Am trying to upload the retake. Stay tuned.

It’s beautiful and no obvious signs of damage inside.

29 Likes

Better protect that box or the cat will claim it. Lol
Such pressure…I’m sure you feel all of us breathing down your neck.

12 Likes

I am totally unprepared for the video spotlight. It’s not trivial to set up a YouTube stream in 15 minutes never having done it. Should have been better prepared never thought I’d have anything worth posting live.

So here is the link to the ProofGrade Unboxing. Since it is still masked you can’t see it well. It’s very sturdy and hefty.

59 Likes

Boom. :grinning:

4 Likes

Was that in the same box as the glowforge, or was it shipped sperate?

5 Likes

Separate. Preparing unboxing of Glowforge and uploading now. Stay tuned.

17 Likes

This is like watching a movie on TV with a cliffhanger before every commercial!

14 Likes

This is awesome! The anticipation is killing me!!

7 Likes

Such an amazing sneak peek of what may be available for Proofgrade!

5 Likes

You did well!! So nice to put a person to the little round face icon…:smile:

14 Likes

Hated not to be there when it was delivered to supervise inspection. Lesson learned for everyone: be there personally at delivery and inspect carefully. That will help immensely if there are issues. I didn’t leave specific enough instructions. But the sick called and it was a wonderful visit with some folks.

I really think it was a sliding, glancing blow along the side of the box. It scraped against the shockstrip and you can see the discoloration of the sticker by the shock strip.

It looks beautiful @dan. Smells like a new shoe. Very clean. I have a few things to note though and will document that. Won’t assemble till tomorrow. Still getting things ready to post unboxing.

16 Likes

Nice stuff, and yay to Uline. They are a large packaging company located in my community. Corporate HQ and huge warehouse with anther 2 under construction. Hopefully they provided strong packaging for our Glowforge. By the looks of the care that the Proofgrade materials were packaged with, it should be good.

If I ever need pristine cardboard for any projects (like the globe in the original promo), they have a variety of flats for sale. I’m lucky that I’m close enough to pick it up to avoid shipping costs.

https://www.uline.com/BL_1853/Small-Corrugated-Pads

9 Likes

Did all of the TV networks notice a dip in ratings tonight as everyone is tuning into the MGN channel? - Marmak3261 Glowforge Network.

20 Likes

great thanks for the vid… where did the goat go (profile pic?)

The are impressive. I thought they were metal, then pvc. Very sturdy. The ProofGrade sheets are beautiful. The leather is immaculate.

13 Likes
44 Likes

Obligatory pre watch SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

10 Likes