Prototype I want to Forge

Good on you for learning the tools and creating, even without the Glowforge! A good example for us all.

7 Likes

So you cut it on your silhouette? I love MM!! (For those that may have seen the post with a few of my ornaments may know Im a Disney nut . Not even counting all the Big Figs, linens, kitchen plates and bowls, toaster, waffle maker, rugs, blankets, towels ( and the kohler disney bathroom sink).

2 Likes

Yes, I used the Silhouette. The slices are a little wider than the thickness of the chipboard, but once all pieces are assembled, they stay together nicely. I would share the file, but I don’t know how to convert it to an accepted format for the forum :confused:.

2 Likes

Make it bigger and it can be a party centerpiece that holds candy. Sort of like the rocket I made.

21 Likes

This would be awesome for displaying Lego Minifigs!

7 Likes

And now a seed has been planted!

2 Likes

If you were displaying minifigs, you could zap tiny foot indents.

3 Likes

I want a better way to display my Homies collection. Most of them stand up on their own but some fall over easily, and some Just. Won’t. Balance.

When they fall, they take others down around them, and reaching in to stand them up just makes more come tumbling down.

Would be nice to get them out from their hidey-hole. And I have plenty more toys that want to be displayed more… properly-like… as well.

Mayhaps they will be illuminated, protective displays that prevent dust build-up and kitty attacks…

17 Likes

Wow! That’s a quite a collection! (And for me, it would be a dusting nightmare, but different strokes…chuckle!.)

A tiny spot of museum wax on the bottom of the topple-prone figures will keep them in place. (It’s non-damaging.)

8 Likes

Oh my gosh, I LOVE Homies! I had no idea there were so many!

2 Likes

Good to see you around Morgan!
How’s the factory installed 3D print coming along?

6 Likes

Thanks! It’s happening fast–my “printer” has apparently kicked into express mode, because I’m at month 6 and just got hit by the roly-poly truck. It’s watermelon-smuggling time in galumph city here these days. Fortunately, I’m feeling a lot of kicks, hiccups, and other amusing internal burbles to help me keep the faith that this is all going to work out well (plus, you know, genetic tests and ultrasounds). Pregnancy is Not For Wimps, I’ll tell you that.

I’m putting what creative energies I have left into designing a couple of kickin’ leather diaper bags for my partner and myself, making them so they’ll double as laptop bags after Junior grows out of the poop-maintenance stage.

When the heck are we gonna get together for the inaugural meeting of the CO-GFUG? I’m sure looking forward to it!

16 Likes

Fingers crossed! Are you also designing your own slings, or will you go with one of the conventional versions?

3 Likes

On the advice of my birth class teacher, we’re going to try out a bunch of slings, carriers, etc., before investing our time and money into designing or buying a particular style. My guess is that we’ll end up going with ring slings (I’ve liked to wear other people’s babies in them), which is nice because they’re by far the easiest to make.

4 Likes

LOL – I was just talking to my wife about this… I’m psyched to get together with the local gang!

After seeing your post, this popped into my head:

“CO-GFUG”

NB: I wouldn’t dream of using the GF logo without permission of course…

5 Likes

Man, I really miss the Kidrobot store in Boulder…

8 Likes

Yeah, that place had serious style.

4 Likes

Hi Hillary,
If you want to share this, if you have the older version of Silhouette Design Studio, you just save it as an SVG file. In the newer versions I don’t think you can, but you can still download the older versions from SilhouetteAmerica. Just an FYI from a fellow Silhouette owner. :smile:

2 Likes

Thanks. I have updated a few times. But I thought it had been possible before, too.