Schedule update (December '16)

Honestly the very first thing that popped in my head was Dan riding around a shiny new Segway around the office, the variety of selfies posted here, and there’s plenty more time to get out and market to more potential buyers, but a simple request of proof is met with a shrug-off attitude. I understand there’s an abundance of stress and problem solving to do, but it appears that there’s just too proof showing a substantial amount of time has been dedicated to everything BUT the original product we bought into, a desktop laser cutter that could cut into a variety of materials. I’m seriously just bitter at this company and it’s very lax attitude towards promises made and a marketing campaign that was pure fiction. This order should have been fulfilled in February of 2015. I seriously hope you guys follow through and actually deliver a product to your customers.

1 Like

I don’t know how Glowforge will be issuing the gift certificates but I would bet that someone here in the States would take it off your hands for a slight discount to retail value. I know that’s not a huge consolation, but at least it would be something. Just an idea.

7 Likes

I think you are seeing where you quoted the initial post. This shows up as you replying to yourself.

He’s doing a live video Q&A today (Friday.) I’m trying to figure out how to phrase your “MAN UP” statement as a question that could be answered there. Show us a video of 3D engraving? Show us what? So far, they’ve been pretty good about answering specific questions on the forums.

5 Likes

You wanna know why it’s rude!? Because for foreign costumers it’s A LOT harder to get their money back specially more than a year after and seriously … saying “get your money back” after using it for a year to fund something that is non existent is just plain rude ! … how many of your original costumers are left??? I’m sorry to be pissed off but what I payed for for my glowforge is the equivalent of what a lot of families earn in 5 years in my country … it’s just beyond appalling this attitude strong text

I would love to se photos of production process, machines, etc. Is that so hard to do?

Your friends at inventables did it when they made the carvey cnc.
https://discuss.inventables.com/t/production-validation-phase-for-carvey-has-begun/16083

That would calm every one , the fact that you are avoiding that is a weird sign.

I would even consider buying one myself again .

7 Likes

Read @markevans36301 posts on this thread…Man up would literally translate to show us the broken bits and the production processes … basically we as “crowdfunders” have the right to know how things are going not just getting emails saying "we are terribly sorry it will be another 6 months till you get it "

2 Likes

i think this is what ALOT OF US would like to see MORE transparency in the Glowforge company we want to see pictures of the facory floor we want to see videos of things that you are doing we want to see things being done we what to see out money being in a good place and good standing we what to see details of your everyday we want to see what exactly we are supposedly getting

4 Likes

Ah. I see. We’ll see what gets answered in the live Q&A. I’ll link your post in that thread. If you have any more questions, post them here:

1 Like

As many others, I’m also terribly disappointed and thought of cancelling…
but will be more disappointed not receiving it nor receiving a defect or poorly made stuff different from your sales talk. I’ll be waiting for a perfect glowforge in July… Hopefully?
At this point we all need to hear the truth. Is it possible to release the perfect glowforge by July or would need more time? It probably depends on all untested and unsolved problems… perhaps will increase with more release of pre-release units. What are the odds? In anycase it must be very difficult, hope you keep up the hard work and will be trusting you till new deadline.

7 Likes

I assume this would be the next update from @dan.
…“I am terrible sorry but we didn’t realized that we have international customers. But if you don’t like what we offer, you can still cancel your order…”

3 Likes

I’m terribly confused and so sorry you heard that - that sounds bizarre to me too. By any chance could you point me to the message you’re thinking of, if you remember where you saw it?

I’ll see about getting some pictures soon.

That’s a great suggestion - I’ll investigate.

I’m just sorry we couldn’t get it to you sooner.

I know we let you down, Erick. I’m sorry.

As you might imagine, posts are coming in faster than I can reply - while at the same time helping out some of the team that’s still here. I’m going to get as far as I can before I crash tonight.

I don’t think we earn your trust by doing anything other than delivering your Glowforge.

It’s not an unreasonable request; I’m sorry to report that the answer is no. When we ended our pricing, that was permanent. We’re not giving new purchasers the price that you paid, and we’re not able to give Pro upgrades now the price of those who upgraded to Pro previously.

Those features have been a part of the Glowforge design for a long time; we’re only just now able to announce them.

We’d be happy to set you up with monthly emails. You’ll get notified when we (and only we) post announcements by following these directions. We post announcements about once a month.

Thank you, @quinnone2. We wish we weren’t making you wait.

And regardless of how big we are, our indebtedness to you, our customers, is enormous. We have a lot of work to do for you.

I apologize - you may be correct that you are unable to redeem the Inventables offer from some countries.

8 Likes

I’m not trying to be funny here, but if that’s the only thing you can do that earns you our trust, then your track record doesn’t exactly shine, to say the least.

7 Likes

Well, all things considered. I think that went quite well.:grin:

14 Likes

lol

2 Likes

I’m disappointed too. I apologize, and we will not do that.

I understand, Erick, and I don’t blame you.

We’re working night and day from here until then to make that happen.

10 Likes

Is there a way to verify that we’re subscribed to the Beta/Pre-release tester list? I signed up a while back, but I can’t find any sign-up acknowledgement e-mails or anything in my profile.
Can we have that be a field in our private profile info?

Can’t say I’m not disappointed about the delay, but I’ve dealt with quite a few products, mostly software, that have been released publicly and for professionals that should qualify as beta or even alpha releases. I have a lot of great projects in mind for when I finally get my GF Pro and I expect it to be a Pro product. I don’t want to be dealing with quality issues 5 minutes out of the gate…

BTW the 3D engraving looks great, can’t wait to test its limits, I’m a 3D Artist so I know depth maps and I’m not afraid to use them…

9 Likes

Hi dan,

I think he may have been referring to what are you able to do to assist your international backers? A lot of these things, including discounts on your own proofgrade materials do not really apply to us due to the many other regulations or constraints on shipping. I am curious, knowing that international backers will most likely be later in your shipping run due to the increased constraints.

Thanks Duane

7 Likes

If you signed up, you’re in there. He’s mentioned this a few times. I don’t see it becoming a field on your profile because the two dbs aren’t linked at all, they’d have to go in manually.

1 Like

Unfortunately no, but if you’re signed up, we got you.

I’ve never worked with them before but I’m boggled by how effective they are and how, once you get the hang of it, vector art becomes a great 3D tool.

We don’t have any different plans for international customers at this time.

6 Likes

@dan can you give me a number on how many Glowforge’s that are on order that have NOT been canceled?