Show and Tell

I see. That’s what bothered me, how can the enamel withstand the winding process.
It must not be as fragile as It seems.

1 Like

Not sure about insulation on windings on electric motors, etc. with much heavier gauge wire, but with pickups, most use SPN (poly nylon) insulated wire. Enamel and Formvar are used mostly for vintage correct rewinds or vintage product models. I wind my own models with SPN, but as an example, but last week I rewound a '55 Stratocaster middle pickup and used period correct HFV (Heavy FormVar) wire. I’m guessing either will outlast me. :wink:

1 Like

I’m sure it is 2 different animals completely.

2 Likes

Love this thread! I’m a stationer/calligrapher + my current hobby is pottery

42 Likes

BEAUTIFUL. Really beautiful work.

2 Likes

I am completely floored by the talent in this group! Like others have expressed before me, I feel completely unworthy and more than a little (read “a lot”) intimidated… but I was invited/encouraged to post pics of my work by @jkopel, so, after a few days of perusing this thread and drooling over everyone’s beautiful stuff, I’ll post a few pics of my work. If I can figure out how to post pics, that is… (oh! it worked!) Ok, well here are a few of my 1/12th scale luggage sets. The largest piece is 2 3/8" tall by 1 1/2" wide by 3/4" deep.

And here is a set in a 1/12th Scale Roombox “Luxury Hotel Suite” by Paris Renfroe.

And here is some of my smaller work. 1/144th scale (dollhouse for a dollhouse). The house is kit-bashed from a kit I bought online (hoping to create my own micro houses when my iForge arrives), and the interior is a combination of kits, scratch-built, and repurposed found items.

I included the AA battery in this photo to show scale

37 Likes

This is stupendous work. Definite artistic merit. Thanks for sharing. Where can I check in for the night!

1 Like

Thank you, @marmak3261! If you’re wanting to check into the “Luxury Hotel Suite”, it is now in a private collection. You will have to check with the new owner regarding vacancy. :wink: Here is another pic of the bathroom. Somewhere I have a pic of the adjoining bedroom, but I can’t find it… I’ll keep looking.

17 Likes

Wow…I keep staring at the one alongside the battery just not believing its so small!!! Beautiful!

2 Likes

Somewhere between watchmaker and particle physics.
Magnificent detail.
Thank you for showing us!

@info4, beautiful papercraft. Competes against anything I’ve seen.
Your pottery rocks too! And if that’s your photograph, you can claim that as a skill also.

Thanks for that insight into you!

3 Likes

Home made kickwheel pottery wheel and the stuff I made on it!! Everything from scratch except the head. I made this a year ago and screwed my hands up since from doing it too much so I can’t do it anymore. :cry: But man, I love doing it.

32 Likes

thatsss soooo smallll…
wow

1 Like

That is stunning, intricate, beautiful work! Don’t be at all nervous to show that here. It’s beautiful and detailed and … TINY.

1 Like

Jeremy! That is so cool!
Your work is killer. do you sell that stuff? Deep experience with glaze I see.
Pro work man, on a machine of your making!

I played with enameling, and a little with glazing greenware, but never threw my own clay.
Very impressive man.
A particular affinity for the kick wheel!

Thanks dude, what took you so long? Your as bad as @karaelena,

1 Like

Pottery looks like fun! (i know it’s a lot harder than it looks though). Those look just like the ones I paid a bundle for at craft fairs. Great job! :relaxed:

1 Like

Gorgeous pottery, @JeremyNielsen
It’s a shame you have to cut back. It’s really quite lovely.

2 Likes

Thanks guys!! It’s honestly a blast to do! If you ever have a chance to take a class, do it!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks! Yes, my photography as well. :blush:

2 Likes

Those are fantastic - thought it was a real hotel room with real luggage. :grin:

2 Likes

Nice! Love the glaze combo on the mug (second to last photo)

2 Likes