Show and Tell

Yum!!
Dark chocolate holds a powerful influence over me. That looks wonderful! :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

At this point I have half a mind to setup a campaign website for random llama. :grin:

Talk about going for the gold on an inside joke. :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

GREAT stuff. Thanks so much for posting!!

I do layer before final application and use a hinge method, but usually do the whole decal at once, by hinging from the side, top or bottom. I usually don’t get huge bubbles, just little “pimples” in the vinyl. Maybe a center hinge working with a smaller portion of exposed vinyl will be helpful. I’ll try that.

Thanks

1 Like

I dabble in chocolate.

18 Likes

Not sure what I’m looking at in the first picture, a chocolate lathe? The second one leaves no doubt… That is work everybody can appreciate!

5 Likes

It’s a Cacao grinder. Stone wheels roll on a stone base, to which you add Cacao liquor (which is liquified Cacao beans - achieved by running the whole beans through a juicer) and sugar. It grinds for up to several days depending on how smooth you want the chocolate. That image was probably several hours into the process.

12 Likes

Thank you. Interesting procedure.
I think “dabble” is a big understatement - I wouldn’t describe you as a professional chocolatier!

5 Likes

I have to agree it’s more than dabbling. It’s my understanding even most well known less than giant names buy the ground and finished chocolate and some combination of melt, mix, and form it.

6 Likes

I initially thought the wine was real and the craft was that you made wine :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Can I come? :wink:

1 Like

Not nearly as impressive as your design, but I made 2 of these this weekend. I used plans from “Fine Woodworking”. Actually very ease to build. Second one took about 1/2 the time as the first.

32 Likes

Very nice! Cedar?

2 Likes

Very nice. And yeah, the second and third of anything always goes much quicker.

4 Likes

nice spot for a nice chair!

5 Likes

Your chair looks real comfortable too. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Adirondacks are in my opinion the quintessential beach chair!
Very nice! What finish do you intend?[quote=“jbv, post:821, topic:1731, full:true”]
nice spot for a nice chair!
[/quote]
Seriously. That chair belongs in that picture.

Thank you for sharing your project! :sunglasses::thumbsup:

3 Likes

Yes, that wood is Western Red Cedar (at least that is what it was labeled at the lumberyard)
That design has a curve in the back and seat that fits a persons body better than a straight slab.
I intend on just coating with a satin spar varnish as I like the natural color.

That is the Mississippi River in the background. I have my workshop just higher than flood level. It is a great get away spot to work and relax.

4 Likes

That varnish will enhance the color nicely!
Very nice location, deep rich history on what was the first super highway in an adolescent country.

1 Like

Hahaha! I can make wine disappear! (Haven’t figured out how to make wine cakes… I’ve only done Kahlua/Baileys Bavarian Cream, Guinness Chocolate, but nothing with wine yet… (Not sure if it would retain its taste or if it would taste good?) :thinking:

4 Likes