So...is this article TRUE? Glowforge not shipping unitl Q2 2016 NOW?

@dan
Thanks so much for posting this! I have done several etching projects by hand with my dremmel tool and am glad to see I can get the same result from the glowforge.

1 Like

@dan says that there are no “public” beta units… that doesn’t mean there are no private beta units out there being used and evaluated.
He still says that all preorders (ordered before Oct 25) will go out by the end of June…

1 Like

Dan,
this is really neat, but I was noticing the extensive use on the printer.
Is the cell structure below going to be offered on the website as a consumable? Or will there be a link to a location were we can get it or something similar? I anticipate using the heck out of the laser and may need one fairly quickly.

The support structure is made out of steel (Dan has said it is magnetic), so the laser will not be able to damage it. The only thing you will need to do to maintain it is to clean off the soot and residue from cutting stuff.

1 Like

The laser beds in my current lasers are made of aluminum. It will be nice to have steel and be able to use magnets to hold down lightweight materials like paper.

2 Likes

What kind do you currently have?

I have an Universal M-300 30wt and a Universal Versalaser 40wt. Both are 12" ×24" beds

2 Likes

They can take their time with me, currently we are living in a hotel with 5 kids because of a house fire last month… It will be at least another 3 months until our house is rebuilt…oh the joy. I was actually debating if I wanted the $4000 back because I know we could use it, however this is an amazing piece of equipment and I won’t have the money to pay for it again if I cancel… So at the risk of being unpopular take your time on Q1 guys lol

12 Likes

Oh gosh, so sorry this happened to you! Hopefully none were hurt.

You know, you can delay supplying shipping address when they ask for it, until it is appropriate for you to receive shipment.

3 Likes

So sorry! :hushed:
(ISP is down)

1 Like

I feel bad for your situation, but I did get a small laugh imagining you having the Glowforge sent to your hotel room.

4 Likes

Life happens, If I didn’t laugh I would cry, I am always happy to get a chuckle out of someone and that’s awesome info CYND11! I didn’t know I could delay shipping without losing my place.

3 Likes

Terrible luck.
Very good perspective. Laugh or cry are the choices…
He chose wisely.

2 Likes

So sorry for your troubles. I especially can’t imagine what you’re going through with five children while living in a hotel, but I’m guessing you will all come out of this with new understandings and appreciations.

1 Like

Yes, trials like that serve to broaden our perspective, giving the focus of what could be missing in our lives.

1 Like

Absolutely, I appreciate my beautiful home and neighborhood so much more now and also have a healthy paranoia of faulty wiring. Two of our pets didn’t make it, we got them out of the home but they got scared and clawed their way out of my disabled daughters arms in back into the house, It was hard lesson but now I am telling everyone if you have indoor animals put them in a pillowcase or have some sort of containment even if it seems mean that moment. My girls were rarely brought outside we have raccoons, possum’s ect. plus they were beautiful Tonks so we were worried about them being stolen . The outside terrified them , then add the noise and stimulus of several fire trucks. They were afra

id and they ran back in :confused: The firefighter did try given them cpr but the smoke was just too much :frowning:

7 Likes

but I am so thankful all of my children and other pets made it out. I’m the most grateful for that. Things can be replaced.

4 Likes

So sorry for your loss, they were beautiful.
The voice of experience there with the pillowcase, but - you ever try to put a cat in a sack?

4 Likes

I haven’t but I think those few minutes while we were gathering children and pets our girls personally would have done fine in a pillowcase, they wouldn’t have been happy about it but they wouldn’t have ran back upstairs. I should mention these are VERY manhandled cats, they let my 9 year dress them up and carry they around like rag dolls lol

3 Likes

Wow! that’s pretty extraordinary for a cat to tolerate!
I have learned the quickest way to plug that hole in your heart is to get another. I have read that a major contribution of pets is to teach children about death.
With every loss there is gain my friend.

1 Like