Tools, supplies to accompany the Glowforge

I love your setup. That Vermilion with the brass pulls is beautiful. All the doors and drawers and slide outs with tools is so well organized. Thanks so much for the photos!

Safety engineer: Get a cover plate for that outlet box. :innocent: - Rich

8 Likes

:heart_eyes:
There are no words…

4 Likes

Oh man, the envy emanating from me right now is making it look like st Patrick’s day on my block. That setup is amazing

5 Likes

…wow… I"m… I’m in love with your bench!!!

4 Likes

Ditto @hansena … No words! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Good grief! This is amazing! Your workbench looks like an advent calendar for tools! I love it…and I can see all the love and care that you have put into it over so many long years. It’s no wonder you are proud.

11 Likes

Very nice!

4 Likes

Wow. So thoroughly thought out.

4 Likes

That is absolutely exceptional! A perfect combination of beauty and function. Just wow.

4 Likes

Two falls out of three with my Son for it, and it’s yours. Thank you.

@chrgeup - Good eye. 30 amp 220 Brotha!
Hey man, I’m old school. Jus sayin’.
Drives my plasma cutter and compressor. Couldn’t live without them.
The room will probably become a bedroom, unless it is a gearhead like me - so it’s temporary. I promise not to lick it. (your point is taken :smile:
And thanks man for the best laugh of my day.

Thank you all for your praise.
I had as much fun building it as using it.

8 Likes

I’m not surprised Ray, since it is built around what you do!

3 Likes

Indeed, indeed. Mine is just a standard Jewelers bench and I don’t have the storage you do. :smiley:

4 Likes

I use the Dremel hand tool phenomenally useful for many applications. Many bits, but sanding a very small spot, or cutting something very small, it gets the job done.

Even just good old elbow grease and sandpaper has its place. sometimes I’ll be cutting some birch ply on the Chinese laser and like 90% cuts through. due to material variation or voids. sanding from the backside will get the pieces out. it’s really a lot less hassle than cutting another sheet, for me at least, and there’s no perfect way to get it lined up for another pass on this machine. Mebbe glowforge could have some optic control to do another pass after its been picked up, inspected, and placed back down?

Lots of Elmer’s wood glue… The practical things I make need a little more oomph to its structural integrity than flush fitting joints. Weldon/scigrip formula 4 and syringe bottles for acrylics too.

5 Likes

Can you repost this (about a hundred times). Because then I can give this the number of likes I think it deserves!

6 Likes

Thank you!
I was excited to build a tool box, you get to build an entire work space!

3 Likes

Don’t forget a small torch like a creme brûlée device and a roll of copper wire, to test unknown materials for chlorine!

8 Likes

Oooh, yes! I’ve got those but I need some more butane for it…thanks for the reminder. (Need to pick that up this weekend.) :grinning:

2 Likes

A feeler gauge might be handy when testing designs, and is a good complement to a pair of calipers.

15 Likes

+1. I’ve got a couple of sets of these for the 3D printer. You do need them for gauging gaps accurately.

Excellent suggestion!

6 Likes

True enough, but I can’t take credit for it, or any pride in it’s construction (that all belongs to him indoors).
You on the other hand can claim big hand-fulls of both!
:relaxed:

3 Likes