What have you crowdfunded?

I forgot to include the Palette on my list. Awesome to hear they are finally pushing units out. I have no real plans for mine when I do get it, but hopefully it gets me back to using the 3D printers regularly.

Out of curiosity, what was the program you were in? I am guessing Electrical Engineering? Or maybe just a typically engineering collaborative senior design team?

1 Like

I’m just eclectic. I’m pretty sure others have better experiences and it is cool hardware, and an idea.

if you’re big on any of their focus apps like Ps and Lr I suspect it’s a drop in cinch for you.

My work puts me on a lot of laptops and random keyboards and monitors so I’m not your average critter to judge by.

1 Like

I’m not using mine a whole lot either- I don’t do enough of this kind of work to justify shelling out for the Adobe suite, and messing around with keyboard bindings isn’t my cup of tea. Plus I had to give up my desk at my apartment due to space constraints, and it’s not the most lap-friendly piece of equipment in the world. Although they did just push out a new software version a few weeks ago that I haven’t played around with yet.

Sorry to hear you’re still waiting on yours. Did you go through Kickstarter? I thought all the backers had gotten theirs already.

I did Mechatronics Engineering. Essentially 1/2 electrical, 1/2 mechanical with some software thrown in. Technically it’s aimed at industrial automation and robotics, but it works well as a springboard into almost anything.

I am 90% certain I backed it. But my memory is crap and maybe I just subscribed for updates… Hard to say :smiley: But if shipping is actually long since underway, then chances are I didn’t back. Vexing, but oh well.

EDIT: Ok, I do have a bill from them, but not from Kickstarter. So I apparently ordered some time later.

Sounds good. Looks like non-Kickstarter orders are supposed to ship this July.

So this thread is all a bunch of what have you backed. Anyone want to admit to being on the creator side? maybe a separate thread?

I think that this is the Palette that @jacobturner was referring to. I almost backed it, but, went with the Element

is it just me or are there too many palettes?

2 Likes

Me too! It was like old times. Have you read any of the books set after the movie?

1 Like

No…i didn’t know they wrote any…have to check that out! :relaxed:

We didn’t…

12 Likes

thank you all so much. you made me cry (in a good way)

7 Likes

+10 for that.

4 Likes

I third it, or fourth it, or whatever. Great idea!

3 Likes

Does anyone else think this project has Glowforge written all over it?

8 Likes

They have an existing Etsy shop. All digital files are available now for $7.99 each. I cut the skulls out for last Halloween. I used a Silhouette Cameo to cut and score. A little tedious to assemble, but very cool. Wish I kept photos. They lasted OK, but got abused by my friend’s kids after the adults were done with them. Maybe I’ll make another and post photos.

3 Likes

yes if you do it again please show off. they look great.

For bigger ticket items, my top 3 would be the Glowforge, 2 Sondors eBikes and the Micro3D printer. Along with those more pricey items, I’ve got over 80 other Kickstarters backed.

I ran 4 successful Kickstarter campaigns myself, so I guess you could say I believe in the business model. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Anyone else do Indiegogo as well as Kickstarter? I noticed that my Kickstarter success rate (e.g. funded and then delivered - late is okay) is over 80% but my Indiegogo is under 20% and when the Kickstarter ones failed I got some or all of my money back but not so with Indiegogo.

Anyone else have the same experience - is Indiegogo a lure for the “soon to fail” or have I simply been coincidentally unlucky?

Thats been my experience.