What have you crowdfunded?

I think that this is the Palette that @jacobturner was referring to. I almost backed it, but, went with the Element

is it just me or are there too many palettes?

2 Likes

Me too! It was like old times. Have you read any of the books set after the movie?

1 Like

No…i didn’t know they wrote any…have to check that out! :relaxed:

We didn’t…

12 Likes

thank you all so much. you made me cry (in a good way)

7 Likes

+10 for that.

4 Likes

I third it, or fourth it, or whatever. Great idea!

3 Likes

Does anyone else think this project has Glowforge written all over it?

8 Likes

They have an existing Etsy shop. All digital files are available now for $7.99 each. I cut the skulls out for last Halloween. I used a Silhouette Cameo to cut and score. A little tedious to assemble, but very cool. Wish I kept photos. They lasted OK, but got abused by my friend’s kids after the adults were done with them. Maybe I’ll make another and post photos.

3 Likes

yes if you do it again please show off. they look great.

For bigger ticket items, my top 3 would be the Glowforge, 2 Sondors eBikes and the Micro3D printer. Along with those more pricey items, I’ve got over 80 other Kickstarters backed.

I ran 4 successful Kickstarter campaigns myself, so I guess you could say I believe in the business model. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Anyone else do Indiegogo as well as Kickstarter? I noticed that my Kickstarter success rate (e.g. funded and then delivered - late is okay) is over 80% but my Indiegogo is under 20% and when the Kickstarter ones failed I got some or all of my money back but not so with Indiegogo.

Anyone else have the same experience - is Indiegogo a lure for the “soon to fail” or have I simply been coincidentally unlucky?

Thats been my experience.

One thing that may make Kickstarter’s success rate higher is that they require a working prototype before a product can go on the site, while Indiegogo does not. That probably means you will see more cases of people failing to take the laws of physics into account (like Solar Roadways) or outright scams on Indiegogo.

5 Likes

I’ve got one on Indiegogo and even though it seems pretty simple, it’s behind schedule and updates are few and far between.

1 Like

I remember that laser razor thing that got canceled on kickstarter because they faked the prototype. I mean, not faked in the sense of cgi, but the prototype wasn’t representative of what the product was supposed to be. And before they got canceled, they had loads of backers.

It’s not a fair assessment, but I automatically think someone funding on indiegogo is doing it because they can’t pass the more stringent requirements of kickstarter, which makes me more skeptical and suspicious. I know there are other reasons why someone chooses one over the other, but it’s always in the back of my mind.

1 Like

I think that’s where I’m heading. Probably no more Indiegogo projects - I’m looking to lose about $2500 on a couple of projects that look like they’re going south.

yeah I was in on the skarp laser razor debacle. I feel for the people who followed them over to indiegogo

I pretty much avoid indie gogo, just because if the project doesn’t get enough funding to be successful I can think of better ways to throw away money. Kickstarter requires the minimum be met. so you can judge a bit of waht you are getign into by how accurate you think the goal is.

1 Like

Not a terrible many failed projects on KS yet. Some I expect to under deliver or fail soon.

I’m here because someone didn’t own up to their failure very well and just ran from their project and deleted their account. But one of the backers posted a referral link here. So even a failure/scam can have good results.