When will the first unit ship out?

as a small business owner im not sure if waiting for a great sounding product like glowforge for at least 6 months and hoping it works 100% is logical or taking the plunge and buying a big ticket item with a small business loan and make money right away. what do you guys thing? shipi out is not yet certain, 100% working is not certain, testing done only in house not yet from end user . too many ifs and buts lol im lost

Thatā€™s a very personal decision that has different factors for every small business. For me, a $20K laser engraver was on the long range plan for 6 to 8 years out when I thought Iā€™d be able to justify that kind of expense. So, for my business, having a high likelihood of being able to do 75% of what I would be able to do with a $20K laser starting in 6 months is much better than waiting 6 to 8 years for the ā€œperfectā€ laser. If the reviews of the first thousand Forges isnā€™t promising, I can still cancel and hold out for the higher-end laser that far in the future.

3 Likes

thanks for the response john. i guess its a decision i have to make . just yesterday alone i lost 4 bamboo cutting boards 39$ a pop and 2 leather notebooks 20$ pop lost in sales lol i know its a holiday season rush but still sale is a sale

Itā€™s gonna be months and you have short term concerns. The best advice we have is to think logically, not with your heart or hopes. We wonā€™t look down on you if youā€™re not a GF owner. :wink: Sounds like you have financial risks. $3600 is the most Iā€™ve spent on anything in 10 years but now that itā€™s gone I donā€™t think about it. The GF will be a welcome surprise the day it arrives at my door.

1 Like

i just got quoted 8500 for a 12x18 2 year warranty on a well known brand with free table and a cutting board. lol on the other hand another option for 3499 another kick starter project perfect price point a for me but so many mixed reviews. why cant just glowforge make one and send to me so i can sleep at night easily lol

1 Like

Good to hear from Dan on this one. I was hoping for early 2016 but realistically with the price I paid expecting anytime in the first half of the year.

I am just praying for patienceā€¦ I canā€™t wait to get my hands on this beauty!