Workshops/Workspaces

Unfortunately, yes.
The blades are over 4 feet long and the top one is curved. i have to keep two sets, one stays in the machine and the other goes for sharpening on a rotation basis. the guard has to be lapped occasionally. Usually he comes once a year and it takes about half a day for him to do a complete service and replace the blades.
With the purchase price I’m not willing to let anyone who isn’t qualified to even look at the damn thing.
http://www.conservation-by-design.com/productdetails.aspx?id=84&itemno=EQSFSG1280

6 Likes

Looking forward to seeing it.

Wow. We had a couple of guillotines (one manual, one hydraulic) where I did letterpress in college. The engineering department machine shop did the blades out of pity. Ideally you’d have a custom jig.

Hmmm…

1 Like

Ok now I’m starting to hate you. That space looks amazing…

3 Likes

Kind of makes the price of a GF look like loose change! :astonished:

4 Likes

Introducing the Dough Xpress DM-18 pizza dough press. Really a dough warmer plus manual press. $75 at a close out of a brew pub. I have dough made but will do the pizza tomorrow and test it out. Like to condition the dough for a day for flavor.

30 Likes

I would like a large pepperoni and bacon with extra cheese please. :grin:

5 Likes

Got a friend with a pizza truck (actually a trailer) . He makes wood fired pizza and uses a press just like this to press his crusts. Makes great pizzas. I’d personally prefer a hand tossed crust but this is a real time saver for him. 4-5 minutes for a pizza from ordering to out the window.

9 Likes

great find

2 Likes

Silicon sheet and you can make tshirts, press pants, dry socks…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Hot enough to do dry mount?

3 Likes

I have rolled out too many pizza’s worth of dough…double 18" crusts. That press would be worth the price at $500 to me. :moneybag: - Rich

3 Likes

I’ve seen the darndest things here😋

6 Likes

It will go to 200 degrees F. I have never tried to dry mount anything so someone will have to tell me if that’s hot enough.

1 Like

Nice shop

1 Like

Apparently yes, for at least some adhesives. And if you don’t need a lot of strength, drymounting can also be laminating…

2 Likes

The heat-press t-shirt materials I use need ~ 300F to 330F

3 Likes

how does it do as a de-wrinkler? can you throw some dress pants in it?

4 Likes

I think it would be great for handkerchiefs.:large_orange_diamond:

3 Likes

My workshop has been out of commission for nearly a year since it became a space for material and tool storage while we refinished our basement. Now that the basement is nearly done I’ve started cleaning the workshop back out and coming up with a plan for how I want to redo it.

A little while ago I got it in my head that flat files as a base for a workbench would be awesome for material storage, especially sheets of acrylic, cardboard, and wood. I saw a few on Craigslist but never had any luck buying one, or felt that people wanted too much money.

Today a friend and I went to a couple of places to see if we could find any - Axman and the University of Minnesota Reuse Center. Axman was fun but didn’t have anything I needed. The Reuse Center was amazing and a place that I will be revisiting regularly. I had never been before. It’s the place that university departments unload their furniture, equipment, and other stuff. There’s a lot of crap and a lot of great stuff.

I found 4 flat files that were larger than ones I’d previously seen. The last ones I’d tried to get on CL were about 3’x2’. My workshop is narrow - 7’ wide. I was planning to put one on each side (8 drawers high) and lay a bench across the top of them. The ones I found today are 5 drawers high each and 4’x3’. I bought two (it was buy one get one on filing cabinets and desks today!) and will put them in the center of the wall, using the space on the sides for storage of equipment or material. I might go back to the Reuse Center and get a couple of carts eventually.

They’re about 30" tall stacked, so I’m going to make a short base for the bottom and some cubbies for the top to get it up to counter height. If the weather cooperates whenever I have time to do all of this I might apply a fresh coat of paint too.

The wood in front of the cabinets is two 14’ pieces of pine that I’m going to be using to make two floating room-width shelves in my basement family room. Finishing that and building a desk for my new office in the basement are my top priorities, especially since I’m not expecting to have the :glowforge: Glowforge for several months, and right now I have a working setup for my other projects that will eventually go in the workshop.

26 Likes