I have a production version Basic Glowforge.
We saw some thick cutting on @rpegg’s prerelease at which point Dan said that he might have a pro laser in his prerelease unit.
I’m not sure that a log of my builds exists, and I am afraid I haven’t been tracking my settings as I have been working.
Perhaps that shows me to be a lazy and irresponsible character; but there you have it. My sister and her husband are starting a company, and I asked for a copy of their new logo to play with.
After raiding my mom’s garage I came home with some beat-up scraps. I think this one is poplar; but I really can’t say for sure. I’m not good at identifying the type of wood. Calipers say it is 1/2 inch.
I took a razor to the back of this 1/2 inch board to finish it up. I might have taken another pass with the Glowforge; but I had moved it and didn’t want to miscut.
I decided to sand the outside edges rather than keeping the burn. Artistic choice. Not sure it was the correct one; but that’s what I did.
Love the varying depths, which is why I asked for the logo to begin with.
Despite the damage to the face of the board, I decided that it was a decent enough test to add a coat of poly.