1:48 Shaker Hall Chair

![image|640x449](upload://dNH1CpoNmXWh4pO1Abwf8anwBdY.jpeg) ![image|640x465](upload://lpDZPG5i1KKRE8a7b7rAFGeYFY.jpeg) ![image|623x500](upload://dK0Y3TMHitvili7fQ6UskK4REbS.jpeg) ![image|640x404](upload://lmwYUsG2UokR21VEdkaiVcefTNy.jpeg)

*This is my first attempt at this. Made from 1/32” plywood. I adapted a pattern from a book on building human size furniture. I don’t think it’s terrible!

2 Likes

I guess the photos didn’t load.

29 Likes

Eeeek! So tiny! Now make the rest of the scene.

4 Likes

So precious. Have you considered teacup miniatures?

8 Likes

Tiny indeed! Very cute.

3 Likes

That’s a tiny chair. Must be some really thin wood. :grinning:

4 Likes

Darling! :smile:

4 Likes

Wow, that is incredible!

I didn’t even know they make ply that thin. That almost seems like a veneer or something at that point!

2 Likes

Micromark.com

If you are looking for thin wood this is the place.

This is a great time to be shopping from them they are having their annual summer sale. I have been a customer for 30 years.

2 Likes

I got it from a company that specializes in model aircraft building supplies.

1 Like

I have ordered quite a few things from Micromark and have always been pleased. My wishlist is incredibly long!

1 Like

Been ordering from them since the late 90’s. Mostly tools - I was heavily into RC for a decade or so.

1 Like

You can get 1/64" thick plywood. Check out NationalBalsa.com or BalsaUSA.com both have a good selection of thin woods and decent prices.

1 Like

You can sometimes find it at hobby and craft stores. They usually have sections of hobby-grade wood, and the 1/64 shows up occasionally.

Trying to get back to using the Glowforge. It mysteriously quit working.Funny non-cleanable spots on mirror and lens. Was still under warranty, so I got new parts, but I’m afraid to use it for fear it will happen again.

Nice! I’ve never seen ply that thin. I find paper and some card stock to work well for 1/4” scale chairs.

5 Likes