1.5 year old GF stopped cutting. Looks like a dead tube?

Boy I just have a lot of bad luck with these units. On my 7th unit and it looks like the tube died after a year and a half. I think they’re rated for 2 years at least?

Here’s a video of what the tube is doing when it attempts a cut:

I found out this morning on my first cut of the day that it cut about 2 inches successfully and then that glowing tube thing started.

I’m assuming this gets sent in for a tube replacement but just wanted to see if this is any sort of other oddity that anyone has seen.

Gotta say…it’s really hard to even see anything in your video…and I really did look. Your lid glass and the tube are incredibly dirty. Make sure you contact support by email, though…as they no longer monitor the forum.

3 Likes

Yeah, sorry about that. My lid is a bit filthy. About 7 seconds in you’ll see a spot in the tube glowing bright as if it’s burning a hole somewhere beneath it.

Also, thanks for the tip about contacting support by email. I didn’t know they didn’t monitor the forum anymore.

1 Like

I think that and not the tube that is the problem. It has happened a lot I think that the dust and gunk can at some point conduct electricity (especially at high voltage) and when it does it makes a mess of whatever is shorted out.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.