120" walk-through "StarGate" (We call it the Adventure Portal)

Have had the glowforge for about 3 years? It is used ‘extensively’ for constructing unique games and decor pieces for my escape room business. (it has been used so much that I am on my third ribbon cable for the lid.) This was just one of the larger builds, and it was one that didnt use any 3d printed parts, almost exclusively glowforge printed. The new pass-through beta option made it possible to create some of the longer pieces and trimwork. This is largly made using .118 hardboard and .217 underlayment plywood. (Cheap materials) … Using about 3 full sheets of the hardboard and a sheet of underlay. Also a bit of yellow acrylic. – This is the precurser ‘test’ before we build the 20-foot diameter one with the full spinning ring, moving chevrons, lighting, sound effects and even fog. This will be installed in our newest location in the center of our enormous lobby with a ramp that will take people up through the center of the ring, just like on SG1.

13 Likes

wow, huge and great detail. well done

1 Like

Amazing the only symbol you forgot to place was the Mask !
but the hand cuffs was a nice touch. thank you.

1 Like

There are 10 glyphs mixed with the others that represent our escape rooms.

1 Like

WOW WOW WOW. Amazing!

2 Likes

Favorite project! Very cool.

3 Likes

uh oh…

I sense an idea brewing (which is never a bad thing!)

5 Likes

Looks great. I am a huge Fan of escape rooms. I think for me the most inspiring part is the scale. A reminder to really thin outside the box.

3 Likes

Depends… is it a good idea, or a ‘good bad’ idea?

2 Likes

Impressive indeed!!! Such a fun post!

1 Like

This is epic.

1 Like

Love your Escape Rooms (I’m a fellow Michigander, only a few miles away from you.) Can’t wait to see this in person as I LOVE Stargate!

2 Likes

Eye Popping indeed! Awesome work. Thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

1 Like

We always see such creative ideas here, but I’ve never been jealous of one until now. That is just awesome!!!

1 Like

Holy cow! that looks amazing! Great work on it! (coming to you from Colorado Springs, CO… you know. Home of the Stargate!)

2 Likes

I know I’m late to the party, but I was still waiting for my Glowforge back in July. I just wanted to say… um… you know what? There are no words.

“Hummina, hummina, hummina, hummina…” comes the closest.

3 Likes

Amazing! What was the print time?

uncertain, as there were numerous print sessions over a period of about 3 weeks during assembly and painting and so on. During this time I did accidentally cut a finger off. That also slightly delayed the process.

-Royce Lawrence, Owner

Michigan Escape Games

Davison - (810) 652-6165

Outlook-taud2zcg.jpg

3 Likes

That’s ok. Nobody needs 10. Nine is plenty. :smiley:

4 Likes

Unless you’re left handed. That looks like his trigger finger.

1 Like