14 layer Surfer

Those colors are amazing and there’s so much motion in this piece! Really well done!

5 Likes

This is gorgeous. I don’t want to rain on your parade but I had to hunt for the surfer. More contrast against the background maybe? Who am I to say. I am doing one layer stuff and you do 14!!!

3 Likes

Beautiful.

1 Like

This is really pretty!

1 Like

That is just stunning <3
What thickness is the birch? It looks like veneer rather than ply?

1 Like

14 layers of 1/8" would come close to the 2" depth that is stated in the post.

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile: It hadn’t occurred to me that I could just use math to work it out :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

The whole effect of all these great elements coming together is so cool!

2 Likes

Love the waves.

2 Likes

That is stunning! Also, good job getting every layer the same size, which isn’t easy. Imagree with the post above that you can try card stock as an alternative :blush:

2 Likes

That’s beautiful.

1 Like

Gorgeous!

1 Like

Gorgeous! I’m new to this and have no idea how to even begin what you’ve done! What program did you use to create this? It’s beautiful.

1 Like

Thanks. I found the design at Surfing sunrise layered mandala SVG Ocean wave Beach life (1386421) | Laser Cutting Designs | Design Bundles

1 Like

Wow! So amazing! I love it. Great work.

1 Like

Wow, that’s pretty!!! Do you paint your wood first and mask it and then cut? I’ve been trying to figure out the best way when I want colored/painted pieces, and not liking painting after the cut because it’s so tedious and I don’t want my paint going off the edges from not-so-steady hands. Lol!

1 Like

Thank you. I cut first then prime and paint after. Still get some on the sides but easy enough to touch up.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like