2 Broken Rollers

My Machine is a little over 1 month old and I have two broken rollers! I have submitted a ticket and am waiting for a response.

What is the “turn around” time for getting replacement parts?

IMG_2111

I used mine about 5 times and had a broken wheel. Just got it delivered this afternoon after about a week. But no instructions on how to replace it! If anyone has tips on that, please share.

I’m betting there’s a section on the support site that tells how. I’m on my phone right now so I’ll leave the searching to you. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

As luck would have it, I’ve recently taken this apart myself. These are not official instructions, but heres what I did:

1. Turn off the Glowforge and unplug it.
  2. Remove the crumb tray and carefully set it aside. (Not strictly necessary, but easier if you drop any parts.)
  3. Lift the print head off its magnets and, being careful not to fold the cable, set it to one side.
  4. Use a small allen wrench (3mm on my machine) remove the bolt in the center of the old wheel, being careful not to drop the small spacer that is underneath the wheel.
  5. Move the spacer and bolt to the new wheel in the same orientation as you found them on the original.
  6. Gently pull the carriage toward the front of the machine with one hand while you start the bolt with the other - aligning the groove in the wheel with the carriage guide edge. (This part can be tricky - ask a friend for help if you need it.)
  7. Tighten the bolt and gently test that the carriage plate slides freely.
  8. If you have more than one wheel to replace, do them one at a time, it is easier that way.
  9. Put the focusing head back on the carriage.

At this point, you’re done, but you might want to clean your optics and then run a few test prints to make sure the machine is working properly. Do not leave the machine unattended. Watch and listen for any trouble,

That’s a lot of steps to say, take the old one off and put the new one back on the same way.

3 Likes

Does GF monitor these forums?

1 Like

Yes, in this area. If you read the top post in Problems & Support you’ll see that starting a thread here opens a new support ticket.

They don’t browse the forums, but posting here opens a ticket, so now you have two. It goes in a queue and they will respond in turn.

Thanks. Sent my first Ticket in on Saturday, so it’s been more that the “24 hour” response. Oh well, I guess i just gotta be patient.

It’s not 24hrs, it’s estimated to be one “business” day.

I’m so sorry for the trouble.

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.