2" edge loss on materials

Newby here. I left justify everything and that could be my problem.

I load a design to print, put it along the left edge facing me, and I’m seeing the design as I think it should cut. Then once it’s done, I’m noticing a two inch adjustment of the design after printing. It’s like a 2 inch strip of product I lose on every cut.

Should I be right justifying it all? Or watching YouTube videos? Or? Or?

Help please. Thank you.

1 Like

Right – the GF cannot cut to the full size of a sheet of Proofgrade (12 x 20 inches). According to the latest info on the Tech Specs page, the maximum cutting area is “approximately 11″ (279 mm) deep and 19.5″ (495 mm) wide.”

Visualizing exactly where this “bounding box” is on a piece of material can be challenging, even with the GF’s camera system, so I created a file that contains a rectangle 278 mm X 494mm. Here’s a copy for you:

GF Bounding Box.zip (548 Bytes)

1. Create a new design in the app and add this file to it. Do not move the file once loaded.
  2. Place a full sheet of Draftboard (or any other PG) on the bed of your GF. Make sure you still have the masking attached!
  3. Set the file to Score, with manual settings of speed 500 and power 10.
  4. Print.

These settings will mark the masking paper without cutting into your material, illustrating exactly where the cutting bounds are on your GF’s bed.

Hope this helps!

9 Likes

This is fabulous! Thank you so much! I appreciate the help and the file. It will make life a bit easier in using and getting to know the beast of a printer!

3 Likes

I added this to many, many files when I was building up my skills. Goofy, but it works. :wink:

2 Likes

In order to get full use of the material I cut a full sheet down to accommodate my design, this is one full sheet 12 x 20. Two operations, but I get all of it.

10 Likes