$20/mo. of delay credit details?

Here’s a link from April 2016 where Dan talks about the promised shipping dates being Dec '16 or March '17.

Here’s the December 16 post announcing the delays and offering the $20 a month incentive. So based on the below info, the $20 starts at either Dec 16 or March 17 depending on when you ordered. I haven’t done the math so take it with a grain of salt, but I saw on another post it’s either $120 or $180 at this point.

“Finally, you’ve waited a long time for your Glowforge, and we told you it was going to arrive on schedule. Since it won’t, we’re going to issue you a gift certificate good for either Proofgrade materials or designs in the store. The gift certificate will increase $20 for each month you have to wait past your scheduled delivery of either December or March.”

14 Likes

I think what we need to know is, how much we will get in credit if we get the email today, and what day the month turns over, so we know when the next $20 would be applied each month if we fail to receive our email.

For example, “As of today your Proofgrade credit is $180. You will accrue an Additional $20 you don’t receive your email before 12AM PST on the 27th of each month until you receive your “Shipping” email.”

3 Likes

It’s for full months - click through for more context, and discussion of this issue:

I received my email Aug 2 and received a $140 credit. I believe dan said end of month. If anyone receives an email on the 1st their time, but was sent on the last day of the month Seattle time, I suspect Seattle time wins.

So, your case leads me to believe that it is counted since December 2016.

Cheat Sheet.

Edit: The After Pre-Order column was wrong. Fixed now.

Edit 2: The value listed is if you get your email in that month. For example, anyone who receives their email in November would receive either $200 or $140 worth of credit.

Edit 3: there, their, they’re

Edit 4: Adding additional rows based on @Rita’s statement below.

16 Likes

Thanks for the table!

I assume that the value listed is if you get the email in that month?

1 Like

Yes. I should probably put that in the post.

And of course if someone didn’t order until after March 2017 then these numbers do not apply. Can’t order in July and expect credit for back in March. Don’t think anything has been said about later orders.

1 Like

Exactly what I was looking for, thanks!

Is this official or conjecture?

Its not official, because its not from Glowforge.

It matches how much I got and how much other people have stated that they got. So I think it’s correct.

2 Likes

Official? No. Correct? Yes, as far as I can tell.

2 Likes

so, the real question for me is… how much PG will $200 get me?

Depends on what you order. Some sheets $4 some $20.

2 Likes

Not as much as you’ll want.

8 Likes

That’s true, I spent my credit in a blink and now I want more, more, moree!! Muahahahahaha!!! (Sorry wallet)

4 Likes

I have all of my music and movies sleeved and in these CD boxes:

I have 12 boxes between CDs and DVD/Blu-Rays. I said “I don’t really like these boxes, maybe I’ll make new ones with the Glowforge.”

Then I said “Nope. That would be a LOT of Proofgrade!”

6 Likes

Can you make Edit #3 to turn “there” into “their”? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dang it! I usually catch those! Words are hard.

Fixed. Thanks! :grin:

4 Likes

Thank you @Joe - you’re correct!
Also, for orders between 12/1/16 and 6/6/17, we calculate the credit from August, so people receiving their offer in October receive $20, November, $40, and so forth. Orders placed between 6/7/17 and 10/3/17 are calculated from November.

1 Like