2018 Nerd-off

Do I hear the Scotsman in the background?

1 Like

You can really create a nerd short circuit that way! Maybe toss Wolverine into the story while you are at it?

3mm B.B. ply

Try the normal medium acrylic settings. I think I normally cut my 1/8 inch using 175 speed and Full power.

(I’ve never had to change my normal acrylic settings to use the glitter stock.)

2 Likes

Excited at how well this is turning out. But who’s that handsome guy??

2 Likes

Pretty lame compared to everyone else here, but this was my first burn after the Glowforge ruler.

11 Likes

Great !
I’m going to have to do a full moon over mine with hare looking up.
I see it clearly, but frustratingly having to wait.
John :upside_down_face:

Not lame at all! It’s always fun to see all the different personalities translated by the Glowforge. You are on your way!

“But then I remind myself, ‘You can’t eat cats, Kevin… Kevin, you can’t eat them.’”

9 Likes

@Hobblebush

I love seeing how people are expressing their personal taste in these accoutrements. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

My escutcheon… for the appropriately name “Geordi” my Forge. (And yes, I know I’m mixing Enterprise versions…)

Yes, I already posted this earlier this year in a different thread, but I had to throw it in this nerd-off. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

You’re missing a letter.

A place I worked at in the 1990s had their servers named after Star Trek hull numbers. Where I work now the printers were named after Canadian provinces, but that guy left. After a short stint of Egyptian gods and goddesses naming the printers are just model numbers or boringly descriptive.

The image I found on the web was a “re-imagined” Enterprise, without the letter, so I just went with it.

On the topic of naming servers, my servers at home (yes, that’s a sad / happy geeky statement) are named after Battlestars, with a little bit of variation. I’ve got a Galactica, a Pegasus, and one or two other virtual servers that get spun up only rarely.

Gotta love the geekiness here!

3 Likes