221B Book Nook - Completed!

Hi Everyone! I finally got the door done and am ready for the big reveal! Learned a lot doing this project, unfortunately there were some slight alignment issues here and there with the roof line that I didn’t want to re-cut, the “attic” with all the wiring for the lights is a separate box that fit down on top. With already having a few re-cuts to do, it took more material than I originally hoped and I wasn’t going to put any more in to it (I think it totaled about 2 1/2 sheets of draftboard) Learned a lot about how much detail is necessary, unfortunately some of it can’t be seen very well, but I know it’s there and I posted other pictures along the way. So, without further ado, welcome to 221B Baker Street…

Here are the links for the other related posts where you can get a better view of the walls, the lights, the stuff, and insight into how they were made.

More Mini Funiture!
Even more minis, and a lot clutter!
More Miniature Eye Candy for the nook
Sneak Peek - 221B Baker St. nook walls
And 221B has lights!

Thank you all for joining me on this journey and for all of your support, encouragement, and kind words. And until next creation, Happy Forging!

89 Likes

Fantastic!! I wish I could give you more “likes.”

10 Likes

I love this so much! Thank you for sharing your journey.

6 Likes

This is AWESOME my dear Watson.
Thank you for sharing!!!

10 Likes

Very impressive project. I love it.

7 Likes

I love it! I appreciate all the work you put into it, and I love all the tiny details. Labor of love for sure!

5 Likes

You have totally blown us all away. It was fun to get the mini-updates. It is amazing how busy you keep your Glowforge!!

5 Likes

The closed door is chefs kiss!
Do you have a way to turn the lights off, or do they stay on until a battery dies?

2 Likes

This is totally amazing!

3 Likes

Just…wow

3 Likes

They are connected to an external battery pack, 2x AA, with a switch, which runs out a small hole in the back of the ceiling and approx 8" of wire for maneuverability. Figured I’d need a way to have that accessible to change batteries. Made a little cradle to hold it in the back so it’s non-obtrusive and easy to pick up/move.

6 Likes

Wow! Wonderful! Book nooks are a great idea!

3 Likes

That is so great!! I love all the detail: pattern on the wallpaper, plants, sliding ladder - just super!

2 Likes

It’s wonderful!

1 Like

Ohhhhhh, I love it (knew I would)! One of the best parts is the almost “cartooony” (for want of a better word) style of the details. It makes your designs absolutely unique.

1 Like

That turned out even better than expected! Love the potted plants on top the bookcase and over the window! Your details are amazing!

1 Like

I agree with loving your visuals being more like drawings/ illustrations than photos. Your style is like a charming illustrated book come to life, making it the perfect book nook.

4 Likes

It looks so good. Really impressive! Everything is fantastic.

1 Like

Exquisitely made!

1 Like

That is amazing! Love it!

1 Like