2inch blocks

Hello - I am trying to print on a 2" x 2" block but I can’t get the height to set and it keeps ‘stop printing’ and says I did not choose a height.

I got it to print once but it barely created a line so I’m not sure how to enter my settings.

Two inches is the absolute maximum; it can be a hair under that depending on individual machine tolerances.

I assume you’re printing without the tray in, right? Have you tried using the Set Focus tool instead of manually entering the height?

6 Likes

I’m sorry you ran into trouble. Using the Set Focus tool to get a more accurate height of your material, and help you print on your material. Once you’ve changed the precision power of your print to a higher setting and used the Set Focus tool, could you attempt the same print? Let us know the results!

Additionally, I extracted the logs from your Glowforge to investigate the faint line you had mentioned and saw that the print power has been set to the lowest possible setting. Before trying your next print, please review the settings. If you want to see if the community has suggestions about materials and/or material settings, you can post in Beyond the Manual. Note however that advice in this section is unsupported and is not reviewed by Glowforge.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the follow up! I’m new to Glowforge and did not realize that the settings defaulted to a low setting. I’ve printed a few other things using the proofgrade materials and it is working great. I will adjust the settings and try printing the blocks again.

I also purchased some proofgrade materials from Glowforge. Thank you!

Hi - thanks for the follow up. Yes, I took the tray out. I didn’t realize there was a Set Focus option so I’ll look at that today and try again. Thank you so much!

2 Likes

No worries @sansbarn. I’m glad to hear the proofgrade is working great for you! I’ll keep this thread open so you have a chance to report back how it goes using different settings on the blocks.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.