2nd glowforge need help deciding

would you miss it “$3,000” worth? that’s my point. i’m not saying it isn’t useful, just that i would value it as bonus, not a primary reason.

fwiw, i only cut down when i use and i cut to the size i need. the saw is in the next room, i just walk over, plug in, cut what i need. i don’t think i lose much/if any material.

Me? Yeah. I’d miss what the pro can do $3,000 worth. Between faster jobs, passthrough ops, cooling and the convenience of the front door, I’d be irked all the time, and irking me is expensive. :slight_smile:

It’s also a matter of how much $3,000 is to each individual.

5 Likes

Many bonuses can make a reason. The ability to have pieces 19"x 48+" is another bonus , also the higher temps here in Florida,. the real question is if it is worth $3k to not have it!

yeah, i get that you’d miss all of that. i was just talking about the convenience part of longer pieces you don’t cut down. that’s a small part of the bigger picture. it’s extra on top of actually using the pass through to do longer pieces.

you guys are missing what i’m saying. you have to look at all of those things and decide if it’s valuable to you. some of them are littler things that, in and of themselves, don’t mean $3k. i think you need something big for you. cooling if you’re in a hot climate/space can be big. passthrough can be big for larger projects.

i.e., there are bigger ticket items that add significant value if they’re important. then there are smaller things that can add value, but in and of themselves aren’t enough (being able to cut down bigger pieces to fit or cutting on larger pieces stuck in). that’s an add in to me, not a primary reason.

I don’t think I am? We’re just disagreeing with you, on a personal level :slight_smile:
Like I said, it’s worth the extra cash for me. How much one would pay for those admittedly smallish features is subjective.

2 Likes

i guess so? if you took away 5w, active cooling, and the back side of the passthrough, how much is sticking a bigger piece through a slot in the front really worth?

1 Like

To me? A fair amount. As I said, irking me is expensive.

2 Likes

Pro owner in the Sacramento area here. My A/C struggles pretty bad in the summer once it gets above 100° outside, so the active cooling is clutch. Also love the ability to place artwork in the center of a 24"+ piece of material.

1 Like

Timing, man.

1 Like

I went Pro because you will rarely regret getting more than you need , but will always regret getting less than you end up needing.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.