2nd option for fan cleaner?

This came from a conversation over in Everything Else: 3M Electronic Degreaser Shortage? - #5 by deirdrebeth

Any chance of this getting the :glowforge: testing and seal of approval as a 2nd option to the 3M which has been having stocking issues (like everything else) recently?

4 Likes

What about This one?

$30 – Link

1 Like

Thank you so much for the details. I’m looking into it now. As soon as I have more information I’ll let you know.

6 Likes

Pip -any info on acceptable replacements/alternates?

I don’t see why you’d want to spray anything into the fan. I know that the 3M Novec product caused a white film buildup on the fins of my fan that just made it spin unbalanced and get louder and louder over time. When I replaced that Glowforge I never used the degreaser again. 3 years later, my current fan is working perfectly.

I poke a nylon bottle brush through the back grate and through the fan blades that way to knock off all the dirt every month or so. I have a GF Pro, the heatsink on the other side of the fan presents no challenges accessing it from the back instead.

1 Like

I’m still looking into this. I don’t an update quite yet, but I’ll be sure to update this thread as soon as I do.

I only manually clean, but a lot of folks are very fond of the sprays - and the 3M has been hard to get all pandemic so trying to get options out there for other folks who want to obey the rules, but also use a spray!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.