30 DoD Challenge - Day 6 - Kraken Cribbage

As discussed here, I’m doing a challenge of designing something new each day for 30 days (30 Days of Design Challenge )

Here is the design I made for day 6. It’s my take on a cribbage board. I know most cribbage boards have 3 tracks (so you can play 3 players), but I only ever play 2 players, so I only need 2 tracks.

These are just renders. I’ve not cut it yet, because I don’t have access to my GF today. Also, I need to find some blue acrylic for the water. I’ll update this post once I’ve made one “for reals”.

This one really exercised my drawing abilities, as I tried to draw the kraken freehand, and then scan it into inkscape and massage it there.

I can’t wait to cut and assemble this one.

Here are my inspirations:

kraken_by_verreaux_d1giw00-fullview

49 Likes

Okay, you seriously have to get kraken on building this one…I wanna see the finished work. :wink:

10 Likes

What an unusual take on a cribbage board.

2 Likes

This turned out awesome!

2 Likes

Gonna be cool!

2 Likes

OMG so cool!!!

2 Likes

This is so cool.

1 Like

when you finally do build it, make sure you tag @KrakenRum on social media. they love stuff like this and often reshare it with credit.

4 Likes

How do you do the renders?

1 Like

I use Fusion 360 for all my renders.

1 Like

Thanks. That’s really handy!

1 Like

Love this design, and also your render is * chef’s kiss *

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s a really special design. I’m not a player but this might get me started!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.