3D Arched Ornament

I’ve been using the Glowforge to make ornaments for our family for several years. This year’s was inspired by the paper lantern design in the catalog. Made from 3mm baltic birch, stained and inked. The arches lock at the top, and have snap pegs at the bottom that go through the two base discs and hold it together. Slots in the base also make it pretty easy to customize the look for each family.

64 Likes

Is that a little axolotl?? So cute!

Beautiful customizable ornaments also. How big are they? I don’t quite have a frame of reference. (Assuming the ply is 1/8"?)

14 Likes

Those are great! I really really need to uplevel my design skills :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Nice design, and the coloring is great!

8 Likes

Refreshing look, came out great.
Little train cars for year is inspiring.

7 Likes

Yea, I neglected to add a banana for scale. They are about 3.5" high.

And that is an axolotl, my son has one as a pet.

11 Likes

Those are adorable!

4 Likes

Very nice design allowing for subtle personalization. Great coloring.

5 Likes

Very nice personalized ornaments. Love the tiny lettered ornaments on each tree. I bet your family and friends look forward to your ornament each year.

5 Likes

Wow, and someone has a squid for a pet? or are they Navy Vets?

1 Like

I’m sure that went over the heads of anyone that has never been around Navy enlisted.

4 Likes

They are very magical. Nicely done.

3 Likes

Very clever, and adorable! I love the personalization as well. Great job!

4 Likes

No, he’s still in middle school and we don’t have a salt water tank. Just likes squids!

3 Likes

Great work! A unique ornament.

4 Likes

Great way to personalize them!

5 Likes

Wonderful! Great job!

5 Likes

I love the individuality of all of them. What fun!

4 Likes

I LOVE THESE!
Very nice.

3 Likes

These are great and I love that there is more detail when you take a detailed look!

2 Likes