3d Engrave Grayscale

Thank you, I assume he created it. I won’t sell anything I don’t have a license for or haven’t created myself. However I’m still trying to figure out how a lot of this is designed and I am using any free files to practice with until I can create projects as well or better than those I am given to do. One reason for sharing was to see if anyone could point me in the right direct so I can learn to make my own.

3 Likes

Man, that’s one of the best examples of cleaning an engrave that I’ve seen.

3 Likes

I don’t work with 3D STL files, but I know others here do so it might be worth a search to see what programs they use. I know Meshlab is one and I think there’s a plugin for Google SketchUp as well, but there’s a lot of other programs as well The guys who sells a lot of the images being shared goes by the name “Vadim” and his STL previews are really nice for engraving so maybe someone here can recognize them and will know which program made them. And FWIW, I brought up copyright because Vadim has some strong language about sharing his work in any format so it just made me wonder if it was the same person sharing the on the GUG. I’ve downloaded some of his previews for practice too. :slight_smile:

This is the link to the image you engraved.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/611647461/3d-stl-models-for-cnc-usa?gpla=1&gao=1&&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping_us_d-art_and_collectibles-drawing_and_illustration-digital&utm_custom1=b3dc1d48-f86c-4231-8aa2-0125957e328d&utm_content=go_2063077091_76452857975_367965823902_pla-383328011684_c__611647461&utm_custom2=2063077091&gclid=CjwKCAjwlZf3BRABEiwA8Q0qq8w3p0OehNZZIWLYJPT2zMCQlvElOUnsqHvKRN02Es6hn3DKaTZsTBoCR2kQAvD_BwE

6 Likes

Oh my, I feel really bad now. He was sharing it with everyone like it was his.
Thank you for letting me know, I will not be accepting anymore files from him

3 Likes

No worries and you’re fine! Who knows who really made it and it might be worth asking him because it’s possible Vadim stole it from Pidepiper and not the other way around. (Theft and resale of files is rampant and it’s hard to know where they originate from.) Everyone has their own line, but I don’t personally have issues practicing on images for personal use. I’ll spend hours editing a file just to see if I can get it to work and it’s how we learn.

4 Likes