3D foldable paper letters

I am looking for a pattern or file that has all of the letters in the alpahbet. Utimately I would like to have the glow forge cut out letters from card stock and then have my students fold them to assemble in to the 3D letter shape.

Thanks

Jenny

3 Likes

First of all, welcome to the forum!

I haven’t seen that anywhere on the forum. Not saying that it’s not here (there’s a lot of stuff here, I could have easily missed it), but it’s so specific that I am not sure anyone would have posted a source.

Do you have a picture of what you’re attempting? I have a guess but can’t be sure without some sort of visual aid.

I think your best bet is google here.

Also, I know you didnt ask for specific file or anything, but just so you know: asking for people’s files is prohibited here. There’s some more detail in the FAQ, which you can read here:

https://community.glowforge.com/faq

Here’s the part I’m talking about:

If someone shares a print that they’ve made, please respect their sharing and do not ask for the source design or artwork. Designs take work and have value, and when you ask someone to give you that value for free, you undermine their work.

So anyway, yeah I might try to google “papercraft alphabet”. In fact, lets see what I find now.

The first link has a great one with a PDF to use:

Alphabet animals! Come on, that’s awesome.

Anyway, here was my google search:
https://www.google.com/search?q=papercraft+alphabet

4 Likes

I apologize for overstepping my boundaries.

Thanks for the pointers on papercraft alphabet. I was just googling ‘foldable letters’…and wasn’t finding very much.

Oh no, it’s not as serious as all that. It’s just one of the finer points about how GF wants us to be on the forum. No worries at all, I’m not sure you even asked for files exactly, I just thought I’d let you know about the policy.

If you search the forum for paperfcraft (also known as “pepakura”) you’ll find all sorts of cool things to make.

Here’s one I did last halloween:

Have fun!

1 Like

Try searching etsy. I think I have seeen this on a laser template site.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.