3D Printer sales

I love my Mk3 (although it is down now, after I did the MMU 2.0 upgrade which included the V3 extruder upgrade, something is very wrong in the filament path inside the V6, which I suspect is somehow bad PTFE tubing as it is extremely hard to feed even manually into the hotend). My prior printer was an E3D BigBox which was a workhorse and produced beautiful big prints, but was a lot more manual, but when you got it tuned right was awesome.

Oh, you all are such enablers! :smirk:

Look what just finished building at my house!

Didn’t take 10 days like the one above, but pretty excited for my very first print! (After a Benchy, of course!)

I went with a Reliabuild 3D. Fun to put together…good thing I have an engineer father who likes to help!

7 Likes

Nice print. I have this on my list of projects to do (which seems to consistently get longer, not shorter).

I haven’t seen those printers before, but they look pretty good. Congratulations.

It looks like there’s still some over extrusion on that print, so additional tuning should make it look even better right off the bed.

2 Likes

Incredible.

Banana for scale :grin:

2 Likes

Dang it! Knew I forgot something! :grinning:

I’m doing them all 1:270 scale…so this little guy is about 5 inches. I was going to do the Orville too…but it would be huge!!!

4 Likes

Toner Plastic has PLA on clearance for 2.2lb/$10. Got some last time they had it clearance and it prints well. Just stocked up on 6 more spools.

1 Like

I’ve never heard of them, but they have a few colors that I’ve not seen before. I’ll have to check them out.

1 Like

TBH its the only brand I have used so I have limited comparison but they print well for me so far on the MK3. They had a clearance when I bought my printer so I ordered 6 spools to practice on, and well I am still using those and now have another 6 coming. :smiley: Their normal price is around $31.

1 Like

Thanks for that link. That’s several dollars cheaper than I’ve been using. Even with shipping it beats A##zon Prime.

1 Like

Thanks. Bought a stash. I should be good for awhile now!

1 Like

While working through a whole slew of laser projects that I was behind on, I decided to try switching firmware on one of my Ender 3s. I installed Klipper as a replacement for Marlin; Klipper uses a Raspberry Pi to drive the calculations, and only uses the onboard controller to drive the steppers. I was able to drive the printer up to 100mm/s with acceptable results.

Imgur

4 Likes

Looks like they still have some stock.

2 Likes

I got the platinum silver, which I think is now out of stock. My printer settings aren’t quite dialed in, but that filament is pretty.

1 Like

Yeah! I got three spools of the Platinum Silver but they shipped me Silver Linings. The other colors differed from what I ordered to what they say now. The other on there now still was Rustic Red = > Bright Maroon. I do like the silver tho.

1 Like

FYI, for anyone that’s purchased the Ender 3 recently: some people have reported the power connectors burning up.

2 Likes

Thank you. I think my fan is dying, but I need to sit down and examine everything, update the firmware, etc. I’d rather be lasering… :wink:

I’m working on a couple of projects that are joint 3d printing/lasering projects, so I’ve been upgrading my printer(s). The danger with the printers (and my CNCs): sometimes I get into a zone where designing and upgrading parts becomes more addictive than completing the projects that I had planned to use them for.

4 Likes

I can totally see that. I’ve done no upgrades at all and haven’t even fine-tuned the settings to get a really clean print. Mostly I’ve been printing snakes and fish, both of which I love (thanks, @geek2nurse!). But now I have to get “serious” and make sure I won’t burn the house down. Maybe I’ll print some mods. … I got a new extruder for Christmas, so I do want to install that. And then I’ll print all the things…

2 Likes

Here’s one of my printers, with upgrades printed in a really ugly PETG filament that I needed to get rid of.

3 Likes

Looks kind of snazzy!