3rd GF Plus. Still not right

This is the 3rd GF Plus I receive (2 warranty replacements) and it still isn’t right.

I’ve been using this one for about a year and a few days ago it began burning super hot damaging my material (thin leather) and it will not cut through. I’ve been making the same product since I first got my GF new and have made no changes to the settings. I’ve cleaned my printhead several times and still get the same result.

The solution: I swapped he print head with another from another GF Plus and the print was flawless. I need a new printhead.

1 Like

Did you confirm that the lens wasn’t accidentally installed upside down?

1 Like

Yes I did. But i,I, look again.

1 Like

The lense is installed correctly. I see no visible damage. Both print heads match exactly in regards to the lenses. No damage was noted on the lenses either.

1 Like

Ok, I figured it was worth a shot.

1 Like

Are the windows on the bottom and side of the head clean? And the mirror in the top?

I clean everything once a week with 99% alcohol and then wipe with a lint free cloth to make sure. I’ve done this 3 times throughout this week alone to make sure.

Thank you.

Glad you found a solution. Hopefully the new print head will work perfectly for you for a long, long time.

Thank you for the information! I’m going to close this thread, and I’ll be in touch with you via email very soon to coordinate next steps.