3rd project not easy to do (Sad)

Friends of ours lost their baby during the 6 month of pregnancy, they asked me to engrave this saying on a piece of 12x12 marble they had. The foot prints did not come out as good as I would have liked but the picture that I was working from was not a real good one.

31 Likes

One suggestion on the footprints when you are working with an image that isn’t great is to photoshop them a bit to get a better result. Personally the way I would have dealt with the poor image was to clean up the left foot a bit, then create a new layer, duplicate the left foot, horizontally flip it and put that layer behind the right foot. I would then use parts of that layer to fill in what was missing on the right foot. A little clean up and magic and it would look a bit better for the low quality feet. The project looks great as is though, good job.

2 Likes

Very nice work, and gesture Jimmy. You know they will cherish that. :+1:

4 Likes

That’s a good general tip for design but I’m thinking in this case the footprint is a precious artifact of a big loss. Imperfect it may be, you don’t change it.

6 Likes

Will keep that in mind for other projects.
Thanks

Thank you

1 Like

That’s a good point it does look just like the photo provided.

5 Likes

I agree. The footprint maybe imperfect, but it is an accurate record of the event, and the child’s foot. That can’t be improved IMO.

8 Likes

What a tragic event, but a wonderful remembrance…

3 Likes

I’m sure they appreciated it so much. Such a sad loss.

3 Likes