4 Days Dropped Off

A week, 4 weeks, etc. Random to us, but for the company it will depend on logistics.

Personal request: Please, Please, don’t send a problem report if you fail to get an update for a few weeks. It will just overload the Support staff and not speed up delivery. Your build/shipping process is in the works. Sign up for UPS “My Choice” to ensure notification.

FYI: This request is not directed at you specifically, but to the hundreds of other people that don’t believe the “up to 6 weeks” notice and send a support request for an update.

3 Likes

I’ll get my Proofgrade materials first, since I live closer to Tennessee, but you’ll get your Glowforge faster, since you live closer to FLEX. Wanna switch? :grinning:

1 Like

So you’re saying I should just go to Seattle, take GF on a date and then at the end say “Why didn’t you write me? Why? It wasn’t over for me, I waited for you for over two years! But now it’s too late.”

And they would be like: “I wrote you multiple emails. I wrote you every month for a year!”

Then I’ll be like: “you wrote me?”

And then they would say: “Yes. It wasn’t over. It still isn’t over!”

And then we would laser things in the rain?

That’s probably not what you were saying I should do… but, we’re just going to pretend that’s what you meant.

5 Likes

Tempting, but I’ll pass on this one. Unless you get your shipping information substantially sooner than I, then I’ll accept.

Ahhhhh, I was at work and then BOOM e-mail that I was getting something from Glowforge on Saturday! I was stoked, but I looked, it was 15lbs… a little under the weight of the GF… but there was no other tracking information. I decided I would try this whole “patience” thing. THEN, BOOM!!, another email, that my package was out for delivery, I checked the size, this was the one I wanted, she had weight to her.

I immediately began feeling ill at work… strange about the timing, but correlation does not equal causation . Because I was feeling soo under the weather, I decided to leave work, in hopes of feeling better. As the fates would have it I did, because within 5 mins of getting home I heard a truck. Could it be? A UPS Truck came into view, right then I knew “she was home” and that “GlowForge didn’t take my money to party on some cool beach somewhere.”

I have yet to open her, name her, or even get my 2nd package with the tray but, I decided to clean, settle down, and share with you, in hopes you got your email. Welp, I am now a proud father.

Yeeeeee

13 Likes

Congrats. Nothing for me yet. Enjoy that lasery goodness. I probably have a couple weeks left still.

1 Like

Congrats! (Great story telling style!) :smile:

1 Like

happy for you!

1 Like

Just checked my UPS app, and it shows a package from Glowforge due to arrive on January 18. Signature required, but only 14lbs. I assume that’s the crumb tray and other accessories box. Nothing else yet, but I think the two boxes have all shipped at the same time for everyone else, so I think my Glowforge is officially on its way. No email from Glowforge yet.

And the second tracking number just showed up. 79lbs of fun headed my way.

3 Likes

Yes! Excited for you! So, no email from Glowforge still?

For the last week or so, my date was showing Feb 26 (it moved back out a few days). I just checked again this morning, it is Feb 23. They’re just playing with me at this point. ha

The email from Glowforge came the next afternoon. The shipping address in that email doesn’t show city or state for some reason. UPS does seem to know where to bring it though. We’re back to having ridiculously cold weather here again, along with some snow. I hope that doesn’t affect the delivery at all. I’m worried about the recent issues with the adhesive on the lids. I’m guessing the extreme cold isn’t exactly helping that problem. I also haven’t ever seen a UPS truck in my neighborhood with more than one person on it, so I’m thinking my regular UPS guy will just drag it from the truck and toss it on the porch. Still need to find a table/desk/work bench to put my Glowforge on too. So much time to prepare, and now I’m scrambling at the last minute. At least your date is moving in the right direction. I hope that trend continues.

3 Likes

It is snowing here today in Mississippi! I hope that cold doesn’t effect your Glowforge.

1 Like

This has hit sooooo many of us :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My email may be arriving in TWO DAYS! My whole family is so excited. The kids were 15 and 11 when we ordered…now they’re almost 18 and almost 14! Many, many ideas waiting to be lasered. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Well, I’m back to Feb 28…ugh.

@katie.berryhill did you get your email?

@bruceaulrich Yup, on the 18th!

Awesome to hear it! Happy for you!

If it slips a day to Feb 29th that is when you need to worry.

9 Likes

I have officially slipped back into March now. That’s disappointing, even if it is just March 1…a mere day after the previous date of Feb 28.

At least that’s better than feb 29 :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like