45 adapter earrings

Ok, it is actually scary that I knew that and you didn’t. I always think I’m the one that has missed so much.

2 Likes

Do you remember having to change the speed on your record player (yes, I called it record player :slight_smile: ) so that you could play the 45s versus the albums?

2 Likes

Agreed… completely missed that in her earlier comment. Now I realize we’ve been looking up to a mere child… :smiley:

I had some 78s - I think the ones printed on plastic that were included in comics or magazines.

3 Likes

Records were already on their way out by the time I got interested in them. I had a few as a child. I do remember mix tapes, so not that young. :smile:

(And my husband still has his album collection. Lots of heavy metal in there.)

1 Like

True love was when a boy made you a mixed tape :laughing:

3 Likes

Yeah, and i got a few that told a story about the particular guy giving it to me. (Heavy metal, blues/jazz, pop …some were okay, some were definitely not my taste.) :smile:

Mix tapes are a window into the giver’s heart & soul (replacing actual tender sweet murmurring which guys are just sooo good at :wink:).

:grin:

2 Likes

The file is just 1 pair of earrings :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Too darn cute!

1 Like

Excited to try these, :blush: thanks!

I’m sorry…this must be your funniest post EVER Jules! Thanks for the chuckle on this cold snowy winter day, I needed the exercise.

1 Like

I was VERY lucky … 45’s and albums were a thing (and cassette tapes) when I was a teenager…my mom’s best friend worked for a company that supplied 45’s (Revolutions per Minute) for jukeboxes all over the city…I got 45’s as babysitting ‘money’ and I felt like I was the best paid babysitter of all my friends as I had all the latest tunes!!

2 Likes

In my defense…I was left unsupervised. :smile:

2 Likes