5-layer Holiday Scenes LED Shadow Box

OMG I am overwhelmed with your kindess! I bought the GF as a hobby machine with absolutely no design background… where vector, raster & kerf were once a foreign language to me. A month later… I was able design and print this 5-layer Halloween scene… It was not easy… but it was so worth it!

Update: They should add a warning label on the GF box and a coupon for DoorDash… this is very addicting! So, I couldn’t stop with one. Since I am using an LED base and I can interchange the shadow box scene by season. I thought it was a good idea to create a custom storage box. It makes it look like an heirloom piece :slight_smile:

I am not sure how to post video or if I am allowed to post video in the forum but this looks even better when you see the color change.

81 Likes

That’s awesome! Very impressive!

6 Likes

Sweeeeet! Looks very sharp! :sunglasses:

7 Likes

A month! You are a fast learner :slight_smile: Many months later I am nowhere close. It looks great.

6 Likes

My hair is a lot grayer now that when I started :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Thank you! It was very satisfying to see it come together!

3 Likes

I’m awestruck.

7 Likes

Great job! Looks fantastic!

7 Likes

Oh yeah - that’s lovely!

7 Likes

Very cool.

5 Likes

Great work and so impressed with how quickly you’ve picked up the design part. You should be really proud of your efforts!

6 Likes

Everybody here is kind. Your piece is amazing! You definitely have the design chops.

5 Likes

Super piece! You’re doing great with the designing!

5 Likes

Very nice work!
I entered this world same as you, and it was this place and these people that eased my journey.
Obviously you have emerged from the most difficult part - the initial indoctrination, and now, a new world of possibilities has opened for you!

Thanks for sharing that :sunglasses:

5 Likes

You are definitely a fast learner! This looks great, excellent Halloween decor and the layering of the objects is fantastic.

5 Likes

Amazing! Well done! Really nice!

5 Likes

You did an amazing job! And I concur, you are a very fast learner!

4 Likes

These are all astonishingly nice! Thank you for all the pics!

4 Likes

Sleep is over rated! Especially when you have lots of designs rolling around your head! And to be honest anything looks cool once you add an LED light!

5 Likes

:sleeping: This is true…
Nevertheless, don’t underestimate your skills. You’ve done extraordinary well in a short amount of time. The Glowforge is made for people like you! Glad you’re having a blast!

4 Likes