50$ a month for premium?

There is still a premium subscription available. I don’t know what features you expected to change from subscription to basic, but you can read through the Announcement section of the forum for official notices from Glowforge.

6 Likes

I am a new owner of a glowforge and the price to pay $50.00 monthly is crazy. Add insult to injury of my pockets.

1 Like

There is an annual subscription fee that brings the cost down quite a bit, and the free files and time saved with the premium subscription are worth it to some users. Everyone needs to decide for themselves whether or not the subscription has value, but the $50 price tag is not correct.

The $50.00 price tag is correct; I would know considering that they are sending me emails about it almost every other day informing me that my trial is about to end. No thanks. I’ll suffer through it all, or find a way, last but least I will sell it. I haven’t had it long and or gotten a chance to really use it. I’m sure there will be a buyer somewhere.

You can do wonderful things even without subscribing to premium. This new feature was only added in the last several months. I’ve had my Glowforge for 4 years now and have had a fabulous time making things without ever having the premium features. You really should give it a try…I bet you’d love it.

3 Likes
4 Likes

I believe you. I originally purchased to etch in glass but my glasses won’t fit under the laser. I asked this question before I purchased and was told that sure your jars should work fine and they gave me a photo showing someone else work. (that was a lie). Now I am trying to balance the scales and try new things to do with it. I feel like I wasted money. Trying to have faith here.

Well when that comes across my email or screen - maybe I will take that into consideration. As of current, it is showing me $50/mo.

The message I linked to showed how to find the annual subscription option in your dashboard.

1 Like

Sounds like you got a rough start. I haven’t seen anywhere that the sales team has intentionally lied to anyone. That’s not in their best interests or the customers. How tall are the glasses? The 2" max thickness/height isn’t too hidden in the tech specs, so was curious if the details of the glass size or what were passed on?

2 Likes

I don’t think GF staff would have commented on non-PG materials. I’m thinking the “your jars should work fine” may have come from a Facebook group or somesuch.

7 Likes

I have some over 2" and it has been a rough start. Never seen any spec on glasses at all. Not going to lie, after I heard that I could etch I was purchasing because that was my main goal. I’ll get through this though. I just won’t be speaking through facebook anymore; that was my source before purchasing.

1 Like

I was speaking on facebook in the beginning. Right before I purchased I began talking with an actual agent. No pointing of the finger because I should have re-asked questions and not relied on groups.

1 Like

Could be that it wasn’t anyone from Glowforge that told them that…maybe on Facebook?

Great minds…Ruth!

2 Likes

The FB groups are notoriously full of bad and often dangerous information about GF and laser cutting in general. For your own health and safety please never take any information from them seriously without verifying somewhere else.

10 Likes

UPDATE: I would like to say THANK YOU to all of you who supported me during my distress. I truly appreciate you. From the words of encouragement, to the membered that reached out to me, well into the video helps. The palpations doesn’t thump with weary any longer. Now that doesn’t mean that I’ve mastered things; I am merely stating that if I could embrace you all, I would. A patch of hair grew back lol.

14 Likes

Congratulations on getting some hair back. We look forward to seeing your projects one day.

4 Likes

Good luck with YOUR hair growing back. I wasn’t so lucky. :rofl:

6 Likes

Silly question …how do I find out how much I am paying a month?

app.glowforge.com
Click on your printer’s name (upper right hand corner)
Click Settings
Click Purchase History
Click Manage Subscription

or for right now go direct to: Glowforge - the 3D laser printer and click Manage Subscription

4 Likes