I bought a bunch of blank plastic dice last year for a future GF project. Today was the day.
I decided to create a message on each side with a different exercise choice. I sent it up in Illustrator with each message overlaid on the other in a different color. When I brought the file into the GFUI, it was a simple matter to set one message to engrave, and all the rest to ignore. I would then cycle through each message one at a time to activate it after rotating the die in the GF to a blank side.
The trick was to figure out the die placement since it is 0.95" tall, to tall to fit on the tray.
I removed the crumb tray , and stuck a piece of 0.1" cardboard on the bottom. I then taped down a die to tbe cardboard, being careful to orient it square to the bed. I then covered up the tape with small pieces of wood and used magnets to hold them down.
I put a blank die on top of the one taped down, and the focus height was 0.5". I then moved the image in the GFUI to align with where the scan showed the die to be. I set engrave to 200 and 30, and zapped a die to make sure the alignment was good. (It was.)
I used blue painters tape and cut little squares out to cover each side of a new die, put it on top of the die in the GF bed, and was off to the races.
After all of the sides were engraved, I painted it red through the masking, let it dry, peeled it off, and I was done.