6 Layer Moose Art Piece

I’ve had lots of requests to complete a multi-layer moose design to go along with all my others. I decided to keep this one simple and a bit smaller (trying to use up some of my smaller leftovers), so this moose measures 8" in height and 71/2" in width.

I created this one with 1/4" mahogany, walnut, cherry and maple veneer, but I created another file (which is included) if you are using 1/8" wood.
Only difference is the small numb size that protrudes downward on the 4th layer, and the hole size in the stand.

Enjoy.

47 Likes

Love your files!

2 Likes

Your stuff always looks so cool!

2 Likes

Great looking moose! How are all your layered art designs selling? Having good luck?

2 Likes

I’m definitely partial to layered designs. Love this one, and love the “nubs” for the stand!

2 Likes

May just have to make this one for my husband!

3 Likes

One of these days I am going to commission you to do a dog version. If you are ready to do a dog version I will purchase the file!

I just love your creativity!!

3 Likes

The digital files are all that I’m pushing, because creating them is what I enjoy the most…they are selling pretty good by my standards.

I’ve sold a couple physical products but basically just the originals.

3 Likes

No dog one yet, but it could be added to the long list that keeps getting longer. :grinning:

2 Likes

A dog themed one would be fun to create. You could hide dog bones, toys, dog house, leash and maybe a bottle of dog shampoo throughout the layers.

It will be an extremely popular file on Etsy. I would purchase it!

1 Like

That’s it…it’s on the list.

…but I get to pick the dog. :grinning:. That’s me and my boy.

12 Likes

Wow…now THAT’S a dog. :grin:

6 Likes

D’aww!
maybe it’s the perspective, but it looks like you could fit your head into his mouth, lion-tamer style!

2 Likes

Another very nice design!

4 Likes

I absolutely LOVE that! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Your boy is a soup hound!!! Love him

Soap hound is a very old term from the 1930s —- it came from an area in Wisconsin. A soup hound is a big lovable dog that you can use as a pillow.

1 Like

I love the moose! Another great design.

1 Like

That he is.

1 Like

what settings do you use to cut the mahogany?

For all my 1/4” wood from Home Depot online I use this setting.

2 Likes