7 layer Camel

Hello everyone and Happy New Year,

Yes, I’ve finally returned from my military overseas deployment and was able to sit down in front of my computer and Glowforge again…after visiting with family and friends of course.

With a little inspiration I’ve created a 7 layer Camel measuring 10.5" high and 13.5" wide using maple, mahogany, walnut and cherry plywood. I find it so hard to make objects such as ropes or fishing lines thin enough to make look realistic, but thick enough not to get crispy when laser cutting. I had this issue when trying to make the lines between the camel. Anyone else have this problem?

Happy Forging,
Todd

45 Likes

that is impressive.

4 Likes

Welcome home! Glad you made it home safely. I have no idea how to fix the line thickness, but I think you did a great job on your camel.

4 Likes

The file I uploaded for sale has the rope lines a bit thicker for those that can’t always get a clean cut…and thank you.

2 Likes

Who doesn’t love a laser cut camel! Nice design!

6 Likes

I like it, Nice use of different colored materials for the layers.

9 Likes

This is terrific. Welcome home. Was the camel inspired by your overseas deployment?

6 Likes

I love these layered pieces. This one is especially lovely! Welcome home!

4 Likes

This is soooo cool!!! Thank you for your service and welcome home!

2 Likes

That’s a great design.

Different materials will accept different path widths when cutting. You have to test and find what works.

I have intricate designs that cut just fine from plywood but can’t be cut at the same scale from Acrylic or Chipboard. On the other hand, I have some incredibly delicate pieces I have cut from 1mm acrylic, but it took a lot of testing to get them right.

6 Likes

Wow! Amazing work.

2 Likes

This is grand! You’ve created yet another fantastic piece of art! I also like that you made the base an oval. It just makes it very classy.

Welcome home and thank you for your service!!

3 Likes

Maybe :slight_smile:

That’s gorgeous!

2 Likes