7 layer Crappie Fish

With my most popular selling item being a fish, I thought I’d create another one. I still find the hardest part making the fishing rod look like a fishing rod rather than a big stick. After the editing it 3 times, it was perfect.
This 7 layer Crappie Fish measures 8.8" high and 15" wide. (Still within actual size of a large Crappie Fish :smiley:

I made the one in the pictures with maple, mahogany, cherry and walnut 1/4" plywood and a little glue. Hanging bracket is of course included with the design.

Enjoy.
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/994703023/digital-file-7-layer-crappie-fish-art?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=crappie+fish+laser&ref=sr_gallery-1-2&organic_search_click=1

61 Likes

Amazing creativity and skills!

5 Likes

I don’t think that’s crappy at all!

13 Likes

Awesome! And inspiring!

3 Likes

Very nice. I like the woodgrain slant in the layers.

4 Likes

Another amazing layered design to add to your repertoire. You are so gifted at these!

3 Likes

Lol. Thank you.

The wood grain slant was unintentional as I was trying to use minimal wood. It turned out with a different look and better than expected.

3 Likes

Thank you.

Thank god you made that bad joke so I didn’t have to, hahaha

5 Likes

Great design! They are beginning to really bite at Lake of the Ozarks in Mo!!

4 Likes

I was thinking it… just glad someone else said it so I didn’t have to.

3 Likes

Sunfish might be a better name for marketing purposes.

4 Likes

Or “grouper”…

3 Likes

Very nice work!

1 Like

Awesome!

1 Like

I dunno… “Crappie Fish” is a name that got us all talking about it and thinking about it :wink:
“Sunfish” or “Grouper” and we might have all been like, “nice fish” and moved on :wink:

3 Likes

That was clearly not my intention. Lol.

1 Like

I grew up just calling them “Crappie” (Craw-Pee) so when we add the “Fish” my brain translates it to the other pronunciation…

2 Likes

However people want to identify it, I just hope they don’t think of it as the “crappy” fish. Lol.

Guess I won’t be making a dung beetle. :grin:

3 Likes