7 Layer Deer with Optional Layers

I’ve created my first multi-layered design with optional layers. I know there are a lot of people who love hunting out there, but there are others who do not. So, I’ve created a 7 layer deer design with optional layers. One version has a hunter tucked away in the corner, and the other is replaced with a cougar on the prowl.

This multi-layer deer stands at 14" high and 10.8" wide. Still capable of cutting in one pass on the Glowforge.
For my design and pictures, I used 1/4" maple, walnut, cherry, hickory and mahogany plywood.
This design is capable of creating both 1/4" and 1/8" cuts. Only difference is the small holes in the stand to accommodate the thickness of the wood.

44 Likes

Another great design, but where’s Bigfoot?

6 Likes

Ha ha ha. Maybe I’ll have to do a 3rd layer.

I think I need to make a bulk materials order… These are gonna take a few sheets… Is that an 8-sheet design? Or is there room to fit more than one part (or at least the base) on a sheet with another layer?

There is plenty of room in the remaining sheet to cut the base or other design. Unfortunately only 1 deer fit per sheet. My sheets are 19” x 12”. I put the base in the picture for a size comparison.

4 Likes

I love the care you took to consider that and create the separate layers!

1 Like

The optional layer approach is an excellent upgrade for anyone looking to sell their designs. One or two additional options is probably best so buyers don’t have too many decisions because that tends to freeze up many people.

2 Likes

That, or only on every 100th one you make, since sightings still so rare :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Stunning work! Quite Inspiring!

1 Like

Very well done. Are you sure this is your first layered piece?

1 Like

This is about my 20th but First one with optional layers. :grinning:

3 Likes

I love these layered pieces. What do you do with all the leftover wood?

Very nice. Either way it sounds like the deer buy it. :joy:

That is freaking awesome! What was your process to design something like that?

1 Like

It’s piled up in the corner of my room. I’ll probably get to using it for the smaller project like the small grizzly bear.

I use Adobe Illustrator to create all my designs. Usually I create the first draft then ask my wife what I need to fix. :smiley: